Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Wait till the NHL has to move a playoff game bc Caitlin Clarkes WnBA debut.

And im not joking espn is already discussing it with the NHL
The hate that this woman receives from the average insecure sports fan is embarrassing.

You know how many people watched Caitlin Clark get drafted on TV? 2.45 million.

Conor Bedard? Less than 700,000.

Why would you be joking? Caitlin Clark is a lot more popular than the NHL in the USA.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Guy is either new to hockey or born in the 2000s because there's been many players like Rempe. I like Rempe but the obsession with a shitty 4th liner and his impact on outcomes of games is laughable.
You’re significantly undervaluing the impact he has on the fans. Something has to get the Garden going. Down 1-0 after 1, Rempe starts the period and the crowd is buzzing.

His on ice impact is whatever, but the energy he brings is definitely important.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
You’re significantly undervaluing the impact he has on the fans. Something has to get the Garden going. Down 1-0 after 1, Rempe starts the period and the crowd is buzzing.

His on ice impact is whatever, but the energy he brings is definitely important.
The garden hasn't had any impact since the renovation. I have season tickets and I love going to games, but Rempe or not it's not a place anyone is bothered to play and on the contrary, is actually a place opposing teams prefer to play. Rempe gets people going for 1 minute, then they go back to their selfies and 20 dollar martinis. The problem is the fans, not the players.

And I'm not "significantly undervaluing." Is there an impact, sure. But a guy who plays 4 minutes a night does not have a "significant impact" on the game, especially at the level he's talked about here and around the league.

Reactions: tiggles and LOFIN

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If the choice is between Chytil and Rempe, the answer is Chytil every time.

That said, there are players other than Rempe who could come out of the lineup for Chytil, Roslovic being the biggest candidate.
That anyone considers them even close scares me so much.

Reactions: UnSandvich

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
The garden hasn't had any impact since the renovation. I have season tickets and I love going to games, but Rempe or not it's not a place anyone is bothered to play and on the contrary, is actually a place opposing teams prefer to play. Rempe gets people going for 1 minute, then they go back to their selfies and 20 dollar martinis. The problem is the fans, not the players.

And I'm not "significantly undervaluing." Is there an impact, sure. But a guy who plays 4 minutes a night does not have a "significant impact" on the game, especially at the level he's talked about here and around the league.
I absolutely agree with this sentiment when it comes to regular season games. The Garden crowd has gone to shit over the past 10-15 years. But it transforms into a totally different beast when playoffs roll around. The real fans start coming out in higher numbers along with season-ticket holders. I don't think any team looks forward to playing at MSG in the playoffs, and I do think big hits / physical play jack up the intensity significantly.

Metranger

May 22, 2015

People are making Rempe out to be Willis Reed.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
The hate that this woman receives from the average insecure sports fan is embarrassing.

You know how many people watched Caitlin Clark get drafted on TV? 2.45 million.

Conor Bedard? Less than 700,000.

Why would you be joking? Caitlin Clark is a lot more popular than the NHL in the USA.
I hope u dont think i am hating on her. I dont. What she did was incredible.

I was just pointing it out that an NHL playoff game might get moved bc of her debut.

The media is also adding to the shitstorm especially about the joke of pay gap without addressing the fact the NBA makes billions while the WNBA makes about 200m.

Basically, the media exacerbates everything leading towards more animosity

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
The Rangers win the Presidents Trophy, yet no one among the national experts predicts they'll win the Stanley Cup (not that I mind this LOL); unless I missed it. Maybe the team uses that as motivation. Vegas; Colorado; Dallas; Florida; Tampa Bay; Carolina. Outside chances for Toronto; Vancouver; Boston seem to be the experts' favourites. Every year, it seems there is a team that comes out of nowhere to make a long run to a Cup final, or at least a Conference Final.

Not saying the Rangers will win the Stanley Cup; many legitimate contenders stand in their way. And Zibanejad need to have a much better playoff than regular season he just had. Shesterkin needs to keep up his recent play. Panarin can't have another playoff no-show; Lafreniere needs to continue his progression after his break out regular season. The defence pairings can't be a shitshow. They can't fool around with series; end them as soon as possible; don't have a 4-5 game series on paper turn into a 6-7 game series on the ice.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
ESPN predicting Caps in 7.
Wysh is the reason. Devils fan who isn’t shy about it.
No one with any sense is predicting the caps winning 3 games…
They reference the capitals depth… their 3rd line is our maybe 4th line.
Lindgren wouldn’t be our backup goalie.
Their defense is terrible…
There’s literally not one thing they do better than us.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’m
I hope u dont think i am hating on her. I dont. What she did was incredible.

I was just pointing it out that an NHL playoff game might get moved bc of her debut.

The media is also adding to the shitstorm especially about the joke of pay gap without addressing the fact the NBA makes billions while the WNBA makes about 200m.

Basically, the media exacerbates everything leading towards more animosity
I’d be willing to bet that Clark’s debut game would garner significantly higher viewership than any NHL playoff game so if ESPN decides to feature it that would be nothing but rational.

This has nothing to do with the media. It’s all about the money.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Down 1-0 Rempe’s ice time disappears

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
They’re also predicting Caps lose in 6 in the second round to a currently unknown opponent.
All these national guys have massive hard-ons for the Canes. It was all their predictions at the beginning of the season. Similar to the Devils but everyone vacated that sinking ship when the goalkeeping went sour.

Secretly they all want the Rangers to go far, because it is amazing for their networks and expands their mark. They'll smash records for broadcasts because its on ESPN and ABC. Watched The Drop and there is no secret that they want Rangers/Leafs in the ECF.

Wysh will never pick them. Maybe he should do a deep dive as to why the Rangers and Canes are only separated by 4 5v5 goals scored, but the Rangers 5v5 scoring is questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad