Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Wheeler skating feels like Blais skating during the 2022 playoffs. I dont he plays at all but it Probably gives a boost to the team having a respected vet around and ill take the positive juju of having an OGWAC in the mix

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Wheeler skating feels like Blais skating during the 2022 playoffs. I dont he plays at all but it Probably gives a boost to the team having a respected vet around and ill take the positive juju of having an OGWAC in the mix
This...

Wheeler is cooked, but happy to have him around for practices and in the locker room. I just don't want him lacing them up in the playoffs.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This...

Wheeler is cooked, but happy to have him around for practices and in the locker room. I just don't want him lacing them up in the playoffs.

Just get the man's name on Lord Stanley and let him ride off into the sunset as a special advisor to Drury.

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
FWIW they should be the easiest team that anyone has to face the entire playoffs. They have 7 different guys who have won a Stanley Cup but saying that they are also the most inexperienced playoff team this year. Objectively speaking I don't like the makeup of the team. Ovechkin, Pacioretty and Oshie are old...though Ovie came on strong in the second half and Strome shouldn't be a 1st line center or Wilson a 1st line wing. It's like a team made up of random parts thrown together.

Lindgren shut us out once this year and Kuemper's got a Stanley Cup.....they both can be pretty good but neither of them are great. I have the feeling they're going to try to keep games low scoring and hope to take leads and then sit on them by retreating into neutral zone and try to frustrate our better players.

They have several interesting young players----McMichael, Lapierre, Miroshnichenko, Fehervary. They're a big part of their future but nothing screams top end.....well maybe Leonard if he comes out of BC.
I know I'm late here but I always like taking the time to look at the oppositions take on things and good f***ing lord is every word of this 100% accurate. Especially the "It's like a team made up of random parts thrown together." There literally isn't one single line combination you could put together and be like "okay this at least looks good on paper".

The fact that this team made the playoffs blows my mind and I'm super excited because going into the playoffs with literally no expectations is so refreshing. Especially considering my favorite take I saw on Reddit when this matchup was announced: "Atomic bomb vs coughing baby". If the Caps can even take one game, I'll be happy that all of the new young blood from Hershey (90% of the team it feels like) will get a taste of the playoffs.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I get having an extra day off if you're traveling a major distance, but Washington isn't that far away. Besides, my main gripe is that we don't get a Saturday game. You'd think we'd get one next weekend since the Knicks aren't scheduled to play. Also, "...complain for the sake of complaining", I thought that's pretty much what everyone does on these boards.
Considering the Rangers used to get kicked out of the own building by the circus, I'll take not having a Saturday game.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Regular season Goodrow sucks, but he was signed for the playoffs, he better be much more effective from here on.
This is just a myth that has been perpetuated by one-off big moments. Even in Goodrow's "amazing" playoff year which he juiced into an overpaid contract with us he had 2 goals in 18 games.

As a Ranger he has played 16 playoff games and has 1 goal and 1 assist. He is a low-level player and he's done nothing this year or in prior playoff performances to make me thing he is going to become anything better than what he is. Wheeler was a better player than him before the injury and my guess is he will be better if he gets cleared to play. There is certainly something to be said for coming back from a significant injury, but all things being equal, Wheeler should play over Goodrow if that's a legit choice.

Guy is either new to hockey or born in the 2000s because there's been many players like Rempe. I like Rempe but the obsession with a shitty 4th liner and his impact on outcomes of games is laughable.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
With Kenny filling in for Sam, Alex Faust will call Game 1 on the radio. Not sure if Kenny does Game 2 or not. Don La Greca has games 3 and 4 in DC.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Please don’t bench Rempe for Chytil. Please don’t bench Remoe for Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad