Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Wilson targeting a player with a history of head injuries would be grounds for actual other honor-code breaking behavior.

Just some of the BS that can happen in a playoff series.
Love the avatar! “I didn’t ask to be named chairman of the balloon-doggies… the balloon-doggies DEMANDED it!”

Reactions: Fitzy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Uh, after splitting in New York the Pens rattled off 14 goals in 2 games while chants against igor were constant. They were in there. He even got pulled it was so bad. Was one of the only times I've ever seen home ice matter.
It was Igor's first taste of the NHL playoffs, and I'd say he worked through it pretty well. No reason to be worried about it.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I’m dropping Fubo after round one. They no longer carry SNY, which was half the point for me. I’ll probably switch to DirectTV which has all the RSNs, ESPN, and the Turner channels. A bit more money than Fubo but the value is there. I should be covered for 99% of the local and national broadcasts for the Mets Jets Knicks and Rangers. I’m in Westchester.
Fubo dropped SNY? When?

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I feel this needs to be said to avoid any confusion on the matter. MSG will carry every first round game EXCEPT if the game is going to be shown on ABC. Right now, none of the games in this series are scheduled for ABC. And the only one that looks like it could be on ABC would be Game 7.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Fubo dropped SNY? When?
Two weeks ago.

The RSNs have been jacking up their licensing fees and most of the streaming services are choosing not to renew. MSG is probably next. So far DirectTV seems to be the only streaming service willing to pay what all of the RSNs are demanding, but as a result DirectTV’s price to the consumer is also inching upward.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Two weeks ago.

The RSNs have been jacking up their licensing fees and most of the streaming services are choosing not to renew. MSG is probably next. So far DirectTV seems to be the only streaming service willing to pay what all of the RSNs are demanding, but as a result DirectTV’s price to the consumer is also inching upward.
Ugh just read about it.

Fubo has been getting much more expensive lately too. Its up like $20 in the past couple years.

I hate the way streaming is fragmenting everything

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Ugh just read about it.

Fubo has been getting much more expensive lately too. Its up like $20 in the past couple years.

I hate the way streaming is fragmenting everything
I’ve noticed this as well. I need to look into it but I might switch to YouTube TV and the MSG streaming thing if the costs are comparable

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Uh, after splitting in New York the Pens rattled off 14 goals in 2 games while chants against igor were constant. They were in there. He even got pulled it was so bad. Was one of the only times I've ever seen home ice matter.

He had a bad game, he wasnt rattled.

If he were, it woudl have carried over.

It didn't.

Do you have those same fears for Charlie Lindgren? Who has never played in the playoffs or really been ANY good until this season?

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
I feel this needs to be said to avoid any confusion on the matter. MSG will carry every first round game EXCEPT if the game is going to be shown on ABC. Right now, none of the games in this series are scheduled for ABC. And the only one that looks like it could be on ABC would be Game 7.
Is that posted anywhere? Seems like every game right now is ESPN, TNT, or TBS. In previous years MSG got the first round games but wondering if they moved to national tv for the first round as well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Is that posted anywhere? Seems like every game right now is ESPN, TNT, or TBS. In previous years MSG got the first round games but wondering if they moved to national tv for the first round as well.

MSG will get the games ESPN/TBS/TNT doesn't have the rights for.

Which games those are? I have no f***ing idea.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

It didn't.

Do you have those same fears for Charlie Lindgren? Who has never played in the playoffs or really been ANY good until this season?
He was great nearly that entire season and the 1st two home games, then craps the bed for the first two away games. I think the crowd did get to him for the first game a bit, and then he was in his own head the second game but he was able to get past it after that. At this point though he's got plenty more playoff experience where it shouldn't affect him anymore.

However I feel like Hank would use the away crowd to his favor. Just a different mental toughness from that man.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I mean... the wnba's draft ratings thoroughly spanked the NHL... many many times over.
It's all hype around Caitlin Clark. Good for her and the WNBA. It's a blip on the radar, though, in terms of long-term interest. The majority of people tuning in for her 1st game will be tuning out by game 10 because they are mostly people who don't really care about sports.

Reactions: bobbop

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
MSG will get the games ESPN/TBS/TNT doesn't have the rights for.

Which games those are? I have no f***ing idea.

That's incorrect. MSG will carry every first round game EXCEPT if the game is on ABC. Games shown on ESPN, TNT, and TBS will also be on MSG. If you live outside of the MSG market then you will have to watch the national coverage on ESPN, TNT, and TBS.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

It didn't.

Didn't Shesty say in an interview immediately after that series that they had gotten into his head for those first two games, but that Benny had given him advice for when they returned that worked really well for him?

I have a pretty vivid memory of that. Then the reporter asking what exactly the advice was, and Shesty refusing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad