Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Adam Clendening said the following text message chain took place with Luke Glendening after he clinched with the Lightning.

Adam: "Good job getting in. Good luck in Round 1."

Luke: "Thanks, but why are you texting me? We're not related."

Adam: "Just play along for Sam."

Last edited:

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
The crowd got in Igor's head in Pit 2 years ago. I'm worried the Caps fans can do the same. I'm worried sometimes about this teams willingness to get dirty. Not dirty play, but that killer instinct to be mean and not take no for an answer when literally push comes to shove. We will see. This is a good series to have. They gotta be ready. As it is this time of year, we ain't in Kansas no more.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Rempe vs Wilson backdrop is gonna put this series into the upper stratosphere.

Lindgren has been a workhorse for the Caps. Playing 17 of their last 18 games. How is that possible, when his brother gets injured every other game? I don't think they are from the same gene pool.

Hopefully, he has nothing left in the tank. I sure do hope he is gassed, because he has been playing light's out lately.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Adam Clendening said the following text message chain took place with Luke Glendening after he clinched with the Lightning.

Adam: "Good job getting in. Good luck in Round 1."

Luke: "Thanks, but why are you texting me? We're not related."

Adam: "Just play along for Sam."
No relation

Reactions: will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The crowd got in Igor's head in Pit 2 years ago. I'm worried the Caps fans can do the same. I'm worried sometimes about this teams willingness to get dirty. Not dirty play, but that killer instinct to be mean and not take no for an answer when literally push comes to shove. We will see. This is a good series to have. They gotta be ready. As it is this time of year, we ain't in Kansas no more.

This never happened.

They tried to, but then this happened.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007

How meaningless is this... I don't know who came up with these stats or odds, but they are ridiculous. We will have our hands full with the Caps. Same goes for Florida. Tampa is always a tough opponent.

There will not be a sweep in either of these series, that's for damn sure.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
This guy is gonna get a wake up call. In fact we all are. I don't believe the Caps are the pushovers everyone thinks they are. Yes we are more talented than them in every facet of the game. But they play a very structured defensive system that is gonna cause us nightmares. Hard to overcome. The whole key to this series is if we can be just as strong as them defensively.

Shesty needs to retain his form. Trouba needs to wake up and crush opponents again. And forwards need to back check hard. This is gonna be a tight low scoring series. That's if we keep them off the scoreboard, because they certainly won't give up much.

I hope I am wrong, but every bone in my body tells me this is gonna be much harder than we ever imagined.

That said, Lavi has prepared this team well for the playoffs, I believe much better than any coach before him. It just feels very different this year. And while I believe the Caps won't be an easy opponent, I still feel we could win this in 5 or 6 close competitive games.

Last edited:

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I don't think that is remotely true. Artemi forgot how to play hockey with his buddy Patrick Kane on the team and we had an alphabet soup league goalie go on the run of a lifetime.
Sounds like a fun league lol don't forget the stubborn coach

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
My personal NYR song:

I've been everywhere, and still I'm standing tall,
I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all.
Out of all songs you choose that 1? Are you a cowboy? 😆
Should be man on a mission or right now . Been thirty years after all.

I bet on a sweep. Nothing I do can remotely affect the results. Superstition, jinxes and such are nonsense. I carried a cardboard cutout of the cup around my office the day of game 7 vs Vancouver
League will do anything for nyr not to sweep

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I bet on a sweep. Nothing I do can remotely affect the results. Superstition, jinxes and such are nonsense. I carried a cardboard cutout of the cup around my office the day of game 7 vs Vancouver
Oh, I get it. I played goal from the age of 10 to my early 20s, and being superstitious about certain things just stuck with me. I'm in my 40s now; it's not as severe, and sometimes I have to tell myself, “A shirt isn't the difference maker in a game. You have zero control,” when it starts to creep in. I just dont think ill get over “shutout” only because a goal is scored 95% of the time, haha

Reactions: Ail

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
As soon as the first round is over I’m canceling my MSG+ subscription till next season. Hopefully there will be improvements like ability to watch from the start the game if it’s already in progress but also to pause, ff or rewind. For $30 per month these features are a must (especially since these are available on other platforms like ESPN+, or MAX, etc).
I’m dropping Fubo after round one. They no longer carry SNY, which was half the point for me. I’ll probably switch to DirectTV which has all the RSNs, ESPN, and the Turner channels. A bit more money than Fubo but the value is there. I should be covered for 99% of the local and national broadcasts for the Mets Jets Knicks and Rangers. I’m in Westchester.

Last edited:
Reactions: trueblue30nyr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad