Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Probably some extra shifts here and there from Kakko, Roslovic in place of Rempe on that line in the event of a close game.

I really am not huge on dressing players that are budgeted for only 5-8 minutes in the playoffs, when games can go 4, 5, 6 periods. Having sad Bickel on the bench was bad for everyone in the defensive rotation, not just his self image.

You lose one forward to injury or misconduct and you pretty much have to go to an even 3 lines in that eventuality.

eh to some extent I'm in favor of playing your best players more in the playoffs, but yeah if a series is going long then that might catch up to you

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I feel like Game 3 of that Devils series was a lot like Game 3 of the Tampa series the year before that. Losing that game in triple OT, like losing the Tampa game after being up by 2 (I think) halfway through the third, took the wind out of their sails and they never recovered.

That's the feeling I got anyway. Those heartbreak losses kill their mojo.
And that Tampa game was 100% on Trouba. Boneheaded, completely unnecessary penalty that gave a dying team momentum they desperately needed.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
eh to some extent I'm in favor of playing your best players more in the playoffs, but yeah if a series is going long then that might catch up to you
We definitely felt it in 22 when we went to 3OT.
We weren’t deep enough and gallant overused the top 6.
We’re at least 3 lines deep and Lavi trusts the third and forth (without Rempe)in almost every situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad