Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Lately they are or so I hear. That what supposedly enabled them to hop into the POs.
Their goalie having a .940 save percentage in the past 3 games, and everyone losing is what helped them in.
As someone else said, they are now 0-0-0
But they’re not particularly good at anything.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Their goalie having a .940 save percentage in the past 3 games, and everyone losing is what helped them in.

Before their last 3 they had lost 7 out of 8 which included getting pumped by Buffalo twice. They played 2 team that didn't really have anything to play for and then Philly who was outplaying them before they pulled their goalie in a tie game.

I mean they still had to win those games, but they didn't exactly bulldoze their way in.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This gets the juices flowing!

We played more games through those playoff years, and won nothing. There were teams that won multiple cups that played less playoff games in that time span. We do deserve another Cup this year to make up for all that. Pray that the Hockey Gods watch over us.

Reactions: Hire Sather

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Eh I think they're good at playing that low event/slow the game down/clog the center of the ice game. But that shouldn't be enough to beat good teams in a series unless things go awry. You take them seriously and as a team that's going to take effort and execution to beat

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Other than the 94 team, none of those previous Rangers line-ups dominated games in the reg season like this line-up. f*** the stat-wanking, look at how many games this season were uncompetitive for the Rangers. I can only think of a handful OUT OF 82. This line-up matched up overwhelmingly well and consistently well against the league for 9 months.

I believe a heavy hitting game benefits the Rangers. A low event trapping game benefits the caps. I'd love a physical, shitshow of a series - that would give the Rangers a clear advantage versus choking them with consistent trapping.
We had more blowouts this season than any other in my recent memory. Our compete level is much higher. My biggest complaint is our starts (1st periods) and when our 5v5 stagnates, it usually takes like a full period or two for the team to make adjustments. Compounded with the first complaint we see a lot of too-little-too-late games this season as well. Or a handful. But even that feels like an improvement from previous coaches who stick to the game plan and make zero adjustments in the game or series. That inflexibility has killed us in so many playoff series in the last 10-18 years

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Probably some extra shifts here and there from Kakko, Roslovic in place of Rempe on that line in the event of a close game.

I really am not huge on dressing players that are budgeted for only 5-8 minutes in the playoffs, when games can go 4, 5, 6 periods. Having sad Bickel on the bench was bad for everyone in the defensive rotation, not just his self image.

You lose one forward to injury or misconduct and you pretty much have to go to an even 3 lines in that eventuality.

Reactions: kovazub94

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Before their last 3 they had lost 7 out of 8 which included getting pumped by Buffalo twice. They played 2 team that didn't really have anything to play for and then Philly who was outplaying them before they pulled their goalie in a tie game.

I mean they still had to win those games, but they didn't exactly bulldoze their way in.
yeah.
Probably some extra shifts here and there from Kakko, Roslovic in place of Rempe on that line in the event of a close game.

I really am not huge on dressing players that are budgeted for only 5-8 minutes in the playoffs, when games can go 4, 5, 6 periods. Having sad Bickel on the bench was bad for everyone in the defensive rotation, not just his self image.

You lose one forward to injury or misconduct and you pretty much have to go to an even 3 lines in that eventuality.
i mean if chytil is in, that 4th line could be
21-91-26

That’s a hell of a 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad