Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Caps 12/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Please come out like you're pissed off at yourselves and have something to prove.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Damn, Brooks calling out a lot of people in his most recent article, specifically Hayes, Nash, AV, and Kreider.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
If Rangers don't score first, it could get ugly...
Playing with no confidence + impatient home crowd booing them = Blowout

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Damn, Brooks calling out a lot of people in his most recent article, specifically Hayes, Nash, AV, and Kreider.

I agree with his Hayes assessment at this point. He has not had one game where he was the best player on the ice (outside of Henrik of course), and the same goes for Kreider. While Nash has had a few awful games here lately, he has at least been the best player on the ice a few times this season. Which maybe he should be more often, but I still don't see him as a bigger issue than Hayes and Kreider, specifically because there is a good chance Nash is gone this off-season because of the cap anyway. Kreider and Hayes are a part of the future, and their play is the most troubling. Kreider's play has been so bad that he might even find himself gone at the deadline or in the off-season. Hayes will get a pass chalked up to sophomore slump. Next year he better step up real huge.

With how many people are playing like dog **** right now, I can barely find myself to hold AV accountable for not scratching certain players. What I can hold him accountable for is scratching players who do not deserve it and being too stubborn to change things up. He blames execution over his system, but if the personnel is not fit to execute the system he is employing, he should probably try something at least a little different, lest he will find himself on the unemployment line. Gorton can only do so much with this roster to help AV, and if the team nosedives and becomes completely unresponsive to his methods, they will fire him. That's just how it goes in the NHL, his fault or not.

Management will give AV a pass for one bad season, but again Gorton can only do so much with this roster and if the remainder of this year continues to be this poor, and next season doesn't improve, he will be gone.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
This is 100% a win. With how great things are going for the Caps and how bad things are going for the Rangers, you just know the Rangers are going to win convincingly.

That's hockey, Suzyn. Ya just can't predict it.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Only way this isn't a loss is if Lundqvist decides he's done letting in any goals. Caps are probably the best team in the league right now, I have no idea how anyone thinks this will be a pleasant watch.

Seven Years

Mar 17, 2011
Not expecting a win, nor expecting anyone to show up tonight. This season has been painful so far.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
100% agreed Ail, great post. I'd love for AV to scratch Hayes tonight to try to wake him up. I want to start seeing accountability.

Also, tonight is going to be Dylan's toughest challenge so far. I'm really excited to see how he'll react to a big, tough team with a high-octane offense.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Someone other than Yandle and McIlrath needs to consistently play well mkay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad