Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Caps 12/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
We will get killed tonight if we dont play ALOT better than we have the last couple of weeks. Watched a few caps games lately and they are really a very good team. Great goalie in Holtby, an insane top 6 and a solid defensive group. This will get ugly if we dont play ALOT better, and i mean ALOT! I can see us beeing outplayed the way Montreal has outplayed us this season.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
We were destroyed by the Caps the last game we played against them and somehow won. That game was as lopsided as we've seen this year. Team is reeling, can't imagine we take this one.

Would be a big one for Lundqvist to steal, seeing as I have no faith in the team in front of him to do so.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
I hope nash is practicing on fixing his muffin shot instead of golf shots.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Damn, Brooks calling out a lot of people in his most recent article, specifically Hayes, Nash, AV, and Kreider.

Hayes is horrible at times. A puckrag and very slow and he is a horrible backchecker. Nash has 20 points the last 22 games i think. He is coming along pretty good. AV tries but girardi, staal and boyle are killing this team in the defensive sone. Kreider looks lost. He is sloppy, doesnt skate hard enough. Just glides around at times with the puck instead of skating all he got and going for the net. Thats when he is effective. Needs to battle alot harder, skate more at full speed, use his size along the boards etc. Right now he just skates around, dumps the puck in deep and go for a change. Not the way for a top 6 player to play. I have to add, Brassard has been awful in the defensive sone lately. HE is a center, stop gliding around and be infront of Hank and Raanta and battle for pucks and remove players from the goalies space. Right now he is playing like a winger defensivly and that is a huge part of why some of the teams we have played have gotten to be all alone in the slot and score goals because of it!

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Hayes is horrible at times. A puckrag and very slow and he is a horrible backchecker. Nash has 20 points the last 22 games i think. He is coming along pretty good. AV tries but girardi, staal and boyle are killing this team in the defensive sone. Kreider looks lost. He is sloppy, doesnt skate hard enough. Just glides around at times with the puck instead of skating all he got and going for the net. Thats when he is effective. Needs to battle alot harder, skate more at full speed, use his size along the boards etc. Right now he just skates around, dumps the puck in deep and go for a change. Not the way for a top 6 player to play.

Nashs 20 points are misleading. Few good games and mostly pedestrian games somehow ended up with phantom secondary assists.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
rofl stop.

Don't you know that every point that Rick Nash has scored that wasn't a great individual effort where he knocks down all 5 players, dekes the goalie, and roofs the backhand, wasn't a legitimate point? Come on. Its basic Hockey 101.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This is 100% a win. With how great things are going for the Caps and how bad things are going for the Rangers, you just know the Rangers are going to win convincingly.

That's hockey, Suzyn. Ya just can't predict it.

Yea this is gonna be ugly for the Capitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad