Recalled/Assigned: Rangers Call Up Steven Fogarty

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
My son! Awesome. He's been great in Hartford for two years. I have no illusions that he'll be a scorer in the NHL, but he should be able to contribute in other ways and is certainly better than Haley and maybe even McKegg.

You've been beating that drum for years. Sometimes this is all the opportunity you need to stick. You called 4th liner immediately and I'm glad he stuck around and stayed with it.

Multiple coaching staff in Hartford, losing a lot, but kept grinding. Hopefully he makes the most of it. He brings things to the table we've been asking for in a 4th liner. Size, physicality and a pker.

Hope he gets in tonight instead of Haley.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Good choice from what I’ve read about him. Excited to see him play. Seems he’s developed a good bit the past few years.

If he can be a fourth line staple that’d be big. The team really needs bottom six players who can actually contribute beyond just existing and not constantly blowing it

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I mean if you read any of my comments on this guy in the Hartford thread he really did earn it.

my guess is Howden gets elevated to the wing.

Smith Mckegg Fogarty as the 4th line.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think they'll get to Gettinger eventually. Fogarty is great on the PK, which they can use, and the fact that he can play center or either wing gives them options that Gettinger doesn't. As long as they stop signing plugs like Haley and McKegg, he'll get a chance.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I think they'll get to Gettinger eventually. Fogarty is great on the PK, which they can use, and the fact that he can play center or either wing gives them options that Gettinger doesn't. As long as they stop signing plugs like Haley and McKegg, he'll get a chance.

It's fine to take a flyer on a plug once a season. Grabner and to a lesser extent Mitchell worked out pretty well. Stralman was rehabilitated and has had a great career. I thought McKegg would be better but no big deal.

You just want to see them develop a 4th line on ELCs. They'v been bad with that since Blair Betts and friends left.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
hopefully gettinger is next

that’s a lot of size, reach and defensive ability on one line

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad