GDT: Rangers at Sens - 1 pm at the CTC - When Swedes Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Ah ****. Oh well, can't be too upset about a SO loss against the best team. We should of won this in OT though. Just a bit unlucky.

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
Should have had the extra point in that one. So many chances to win in OT. These are the ones that will come back to haunt us late in the season...

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Andy was easily the #1 star of the game despite the SO. Great comeback game after the turd in Nashville

man the Rangers are good

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I think we deserved to win, great effort and Lundqvist made some great saves and got lucky with 3 posts today! Overall we played a great game against a power house so I am happy. Nothing to say on Wiercioch today.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lucky win for the Rangers after that OT period

Is there a player in the league that has hit more posts this year than Mike Hoffman? I swear to god he's hit almost 10 posts already, which is scary to think considering he's got 12 points in 13 games.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't understand why Zibby tried to deke when all of his goals on the shootout are wrist shots.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I think we deserved to win, great effort and Lundqvist made some great saves and got lucky with 3 posts today! Overall we played a great game against a power house so I am happy. Nothing to say on Wiercioch today.

Yeah I didn't really notice him, which is good for him.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
That was the Sens best game in a while, IMO. They lost, but they put in a better effort than usual, and, unlike most of their games this season, there weren't any stretches where they looked totally outclassed (and that's saying something for an afternoon game against one of the best teams in the east.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Played good, Andy sucks in shootouts.

Hoff should of shot, already beat Lundquist twice. Think he would of got it.

Oh well sens played well, i enjoyed the game.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Turris shouldn't have went right back to the fivehole. I am not a huge fan of him in shootouts he will get a nice wrister once in a while but I don't know I think we have better options.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Soooo.....Andy doesn't get a star after making 33 saves in a super close, low-scoring game that went to the SO.....in his own barn?

Garrioch did you make those picks bud?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This was the type of game that should have ended in a tie instead of a shootout. If neither team can get it done in 3 v 3 overtime, then the game should just end in a tie.

The shootout is not hockey and it never will be.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That was the Sens best game in a while, IMO. They lost, but they put in a better effort than usual, and, unlike most of their games this season, there weren't any stretches where they looked totally outclassed (and that's saying something for an afternoon game against one of the best teams in the east.

My thoughts exactly.

The team just seems to move the puck better with more consistency when Cowen is not in the lineup. He has been better than Wier and Boro this season but they just seem to play better without him. I dont know why but they do. Maybe it has something to do with having 5 players that move the puck well. Boro made a great pass up the middle to Zibanejad which he mishandled he seemed much more comfortable this game on the left side.

It was nice to see the sens play that type of game against a good team. My heart cant handle all the defensive miscues and firewagon hockey they have been playing and it wont work when it really counts. Hope they continue to tighten up. This team has the game breakers to win those close games if they play the right way.

Karlsson sure has stepped it up since Nashville.

Zibanejad has to at least get that puck on net in o.t when he is in a one time position in the hashmarks.

Bobby Ryan sure looks good doesnt he!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad