Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
"I didnt watch until the last 3 minutes"

"raanta did something lundqvist didn't"

So, either you were watching the whole time or you're just basing conclusions from thin air without knowing what went on in the game

I'll let HF be the judge :popcorn:

Did you read what I wrote? Raanta won a game that his team got fewer than 3 goals support, something Lundqvist hasn't done all season. I literally just need to look at the box score for this information. So did you not read what I wrote and just commented when you read "Raanta did something Lundqvist hasn't" and thought that you "got me". :help:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
An inch the other way and this is a blow out 4-1 Winnipeg winning. He got some puck luck, made a few timely saves, and we got a lucky bounce with a minute left.

Let's not make this something it isn't.

You're going to see Hank playing more because he is the number 1. When the team plays well in front of either goalie, the team ends up being successful more often than not.

If Lundqvist makes those saves, it's great positioning. When Raanta does it, it's just a timely save, nothing special.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This was the first time the Rangers win all season without scoring 3 goals. It's not like it was only Hank.

Not to mention, Hank has had games with 0 or 1 goal against. Is it his fault the team decided to score more than 3 on the same night he had a shutout or 1 ga?

And btw the one goal Raanta game up was the result of him putting a rebound directly into the crease right on Schielfe's stick. I wonder how everyone would've reacted if that was Hank. Probably with anger and more retirement talk.

Lundqvist has played in 21 games and has given up 1 or fewer goals in exactly 2 of them. Raanta has 3 in 9 games.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Boyle was a joke last year and a horrendous signing. He could barely perform against the oppositions bottoms 6. I would take this years Holden over last years Boyle. yandle was terrific here but Skjei will improve and narrow that gap quickly.
Staal has been better but Klein has been much much worse and that's been the biggest dissapointment. So I guess that's a Wash.
Klein needs to get better and hopefully we find an above average RHD (which won't be easy).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

The life of a goalie is rough when everyone remembers the bad ones, but few recall the tough/great saves.

That's because supposed elite goalie should be making those saves and not allowing those goals. This isn't the local beer league where a goalie gets a pat on the back for every nice save he makes.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's because supposed elite goalie should be making those saves and not allowing those goals. This isn't the local beer league where a goalie gets a pat on the back for every nice save he makes.

This! Fully agree with this. When you are the highest-paid player in the world in your position, certain expectations come with it

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Did you read what I wrote? Raanta won a game that his team got fewer than 3 goals support, something Lundqvist hasn't done all season. I literally just need to look at the box score for this information. So did you not read what I wrote and just commented when you read "Raanta did something Lundqvist hasn't" and thought that you "got me". :help:

Reading your comments and your consistently being a curmudgeon gets so friggen old and is actually laugh out loud funny. Heck even when you don't watch a game which you for some reason felt the need to announce to everyone(attention starved?) leads me believe and I'm sure quite a few others that maybe you should take a few more games off....:nod:

Newsflash hoss Raanta is not going to be our starting goalie anytime soon no matter how much you hate on Hank. We WON tonight on the road in a game we easily could have lost and so your typical daily negativity is not warranted nor appropriate....just sayin. Tomorrow night when Hank shuts down the Black Hawks and hold them to two goals or less, you can come back and state again why you think Hank stinks to much. Until than, let's keep the negativity to a low roar....thx in advance hoss.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Because he sucks?

Yeah he hurt himself to win games. Thanks a lot.

He's lost us more being a dreadful hockey player.

I'm tired of hearing about what we as fans owe Girardi because of all that he's given us. He was the best player on the ice for LA in our only finals appearance in two decades and in the three seasons after that he's made my team almost impossible to watch at times. Yeah I'm going to have a problem with that.

I don't owe him a ****ing thing.

I love how people make it personal with G. As if his sucking at NHL hockey is somehow dismissed by him being a great guy and a bonafide warrior. I think people actually believe the defense of a player that he was a great shot blocker and could play decent defense 5 years ago has merit to how bad he is currently.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
Raanta was originally Blackhawks property. 70/30 chance he starts in Chicago.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
28 games into this season I'd take Skjei over Yandle.

For all of his offensive prowess he's got a mediocre 13 pts down there in Fla while getting top pair prime minutes. Even with the injuries they have suffered, I would have expected more from him.

Skjei inot those same 28 games also has 13 points and has looked every bit Yandles equal all over the ice.

Yandle is so overrated it's comical.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
7a254c23528d9b04056902651a6d3ddf.gif

Yes.

700k people, though. :)

What the heck, I am born more or less on the Artic circle. Canadians always claim to be a tough northern country, half of that land is like on the same latitude as Sahara almost. I thought most of Canada was placed around the artic cirlce. Explains a lot of things. ;)

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

To be fair, Raanta didn't have to do a whole lot last night. Best defensive game the Rangers might've played all season. I wish they'd play like that consistently every night.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Can we stop pretending like we were amazing now? Winnipeg hit like 4 posts.. slightly less luck and it's a blowout and we look like **** all around

Lol, with a little luck we lead 5-0 after the first...

But you`re right we werent amazing and Winnipeg was pretty bad. Very glad we found a way to win with 4 top 6 players out and our backup in net.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Great effort . Good job by AV getting undermanned squad to show up even with two pk's in the third .
Can't wait until zibby comes back to get stepan off this powerplay

It start to get old - Stepan had a beautiful pass to Kreider in that PP - if anyone who should leave PP it would be Ryan Mc. - he can`t shot from the bluelines it seems.
It usually end up in a reflection or hit someone like Hayes in this game, and Hayes had a great finish on that PP and scored.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So to sum it up with competent goaltending we looked just fine defensively.

Guys outside of a handful of games hank just hasn't been good enough. I'm not sure why there's even an argument here. He has been below average and far from the elite player we need him to be and pay him to be frankly. With all these injuries especially we're going to need steady goaltending. If he can't give it to us we'll have to turn to raanta more often.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
It start to get old - Stepan had a beautiful pass to Kreider in that PP - if anyone who should leave PP it would be Ryan Mc. - he can`t shot from the bluelines it seems.
It usually end up in a reflection or hit someone like Hayes in this game, and Hayes had a great finish on that PP and scored.

Yet it was McDonagh's shot that led to the GWG....

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
28 games into this season I'd take Skjei over Yandle.

For all of his offensive prowess he's got a mediocre 13 pts down there in Fla while getting top pair prime minutes. Even with the injuries they have suffered, I would have expected more from him.

Skjei inot those same 28 games also has 13 points and has looked every bit Yandles equal all over the ice.

Yandle is so overrated it's comical.

You just compared Brady Skjei to Keith Yandle.

Are you sure you know who's overrated?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
good team win.

defense played well overall. even DG, other than a few brutal give aways, play well late. with a steady goalie, this defense seems to look better to me.

love brady skjei. hes developing into a kid who can play both ways and love his acceleration and stride. when hes going, it looks effortless. i give him more pp time.

forwards as a group played good help defense all night.

i really think, with more opportunity, nik jensen can help. hes 6'3 and can fly. has good hands and can play in all situations- up and down the lineup. he was used on the pp last night to stand in front and can go from pp to 4th line checker. to me, having grabner and jensen out there makes us more dangerous with that speed. i would keep playing him.

pirri had a nice bounce back game.

mcd needs to be removed from the pp point for ever. his shot, and his slow delivery results in a block, deflection or flat out miss of the net 90% of the time. he plays the entire pp and has 1 ppg a year. not good enough. need to fix that soon. anyone but mcdonagh please. plus need him fresh 5v5 and the pk more than shooting creme puffs on the pp.

raanta doesnt give up ugly, bad, ill timed goals. period. he doesnt. play him until henrik figures stuff out.

raanta numbers continue to show he makes the easy saves, the occasional fantastic save and primarily gives the team a chance to win every time he suits up. henrik, recently, not so much.

maybe its just me, but every time raanta plays, the defense doesnt look bad. i mean its the same guys but either they play better for anti- doubtful or they look better because raanta doesnt give up weak goals ?

more raanta less henrik right now please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad