Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Jets - December 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Looks like when they as a team want to play D they actually can.

I liked Hvirik's game, he has a knack for getting/winning the puck behind his own net and battling it up the boards to get it out of the zone, that can really help the defenders who are not so great at it, and leaves them to cover the net front more.

Jensen was mostly just out there but he was not bad, he was at the other teams net front a couple times when the puck arrived.

The PP was actually good at trying just to get pucks to the net. It's usually somewhat effective if there are bodies there too, it's not pretty but that is the NHL today.

Oh and Jooris hitting effectively, someone needs to.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The 'peg is a difficult place to win a game. Great job getting two points in regulation, despite much of the top six in the hospital and the starter at the shrink.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Skjei @ 925K > Yandle @ 6.35M

Big picture, I'll take Brady and acquire a competent RD.

Skjei has been half of the Rangers worst d-pairings this season on two different occasions between Skjei-Klein and Skjei-Staal. You blame that on Staal and Klein all you want, but Skjei has played his part in being, well, not that good this season.

I don't understand the infatuation with Skjei at all. My thought is that people think he's playing better than he actually is because he can skate. It's one of those "looks good but isn't that good" things.

But hey, not the first time I disagree with most of HF and won't be the last.

Luther*

May 3, 2016
I love how people make it personal with G. As if his sucking at NHL hockey is somehow dismissed by him being a great guy and a bonafide warrior. I think people actually believe the defense of a player that he was a great shot blocker and could play decent defense 5 years ago has merit to how bad he is currently.
why are certain posters still ragging on g he's playing fine I think they are mad proving them wrong that G was done obviously injuries slowed him down last year.Still makes mistakes,so do all of them,but sounds like some other reason to me like,like maybe they have been treated like scum on their owe jobs in the workforce,from now I will be nice to the McDonald's servers

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Skjei has been half of the Rangers worst d-pairings this season on two different occasions between Skjei-Klein and Skjei-Staal. You blame that on Staal and Klein all you want, but Skjei has played his part in being, well, not that good this season.

I don't understand the infatuation with Skjei at all. My thought is that people think he's playing better than he actually is because he can skate. It's one of those "looks good but isn't that good" things.

with this defense, if you think skjei is part of the problem rather than part of the solution, then thats on you.

hes been good for the majority of the season. hardly the worst anything. overall, hes been steady and reliable. hes 22 and has played very well recently save for the piles game where the whole team looked like garbage.

and lets not forget, hes a rook. and a great value.

john moore was roasted, filleted and deboned here as the worst defender on the team. i remember those days, and he was a young guy with talent that was run outa town. now hes doing decently in the swamp. his 4 goals would be a team best for a dman on this roster right now.

mcilrath was given the longest leash in history. look what happened there.

skjei is a kid playing big time minutes and doing it pretty darned well imo. hes learning and developing. av trusts him and he plays in all situations and averages @ 16 mins per night.

i think hes been quite good actually and his development is right on schedule. i wish we had 2 brady skjeis.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

He's also a rookie? I mean, come on, what are your expectations here?

Our glaring need isn't on the left side and certainly not to the tune of a 6.25M cap hit. Yandle is okay, and Skjei isn't as good, but I'll take him at 5.3M less/yr and put that cap space towards our more glaring need @ RD.

I'm not "infatuated" with Skjei at all. Our bigger deficiency is on the right side.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
John Moore has easily been the Devils' worst defenseman, so please don't put that evil on Brady Skjei.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Skjei's strength and skating are necessary for this defense. The second best skater after McD. Klein is the one who is giving the illusion that pair is bad. He's hit that stage where he won't be getting any better. He turns 32 on Tuesday.

Good game last night, go figure with that makeshift lineup it was the most heart they've shown since probably the Calgary game almost a month ago.

They still spend too much time in their zone, but that's going to happen with all the guys/speed who are out of the lineup.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Skjei and Klein are both better away from each other. They just don't work together as a pairing. Call me crazy, but I still want to see Skjei on the RD with McDonagh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad