Speculation: Rangers at 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
If Wahlstrom is taken and the board has Hayton, Bouchard, and Boqvist who do you take?

I prefer to take Boqvist because of his offensive upside, but I wonder if the Rangers want that dman who can log minutes every night and play a solid 2-way game with Bouchard. ]

Or do they take another center who had possible game-changing ability in Hayton.

Or do they go completely outside of the box and take Vitaly Kratsov a more out of box pick who has really high potential.

Or do they trade back and recoup more picks?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
They're an interesting team because they reached a bit last year in the same spot. So I don't think much would surprise me, especially in the most volatile and unpredictable draft we have had in a long long time. If I had to guess I would say they would go with Bouchard if it came down to those 3 as he is a pretty complete package and I think Boqvist is going to fall in this draft.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I would take Boqvist, but the Rangers are known for reaching for guys they really like. They have a certain type and they'd rather take that player rather than trade down.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Would you see any interest as Rangers fans in taking Vitaly Kratsov? I think he could be a gem in this draft even though he is ranked in the teens or early 20's I think he could be a big difference maker.

Reactions: MarkMessyay11

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
I don't think the Rangers will be trading back. If they do anything, I think it will be to move up or trade a pick for an established prospect. To answer OP though, I don't think they'll be taking Hayton. If the recent rumors are true, they're actively talking to other teams about trading Hayes. Not because they're targeting a C, but rather because of their organizational depth at the position. Don't see them shipping Hayes out, only to reach pretty high on Hayton...especially with more talented players on the board that fill a greater need.

Kravstov is a dark-horse for them at 9, and wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's where he goes. If both Bouchard and Boqvist are still on the board, I take the chance on Boqvist, personally. But Bouchard would be a fine choice too, and probably fits the Rangers agenda more right now.

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Defensemen are the beachfront property. I would go Bouchard over Boqvist, but hope to get Dobson over either one. It is a great year to have three firsts. Stock up on best dmen available and wait for them to develop. Long term imagine the price you name for an available stud dman on an ELC. You name your price and get it.

Reactions: bernmeister

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Boqvist has so much upside, shot skating vision are all really impressive and hes one of the youngest in his class a la Chytil. He was pretty strong when playing vs peers in the U18 tournies. Rangers are in no rush to compete now so they can let him develop more, plus theres rumors of him coming to the OHL next season so he doesnt get jerked around in the swedish leagues again

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'd take Boqvist there but it would be a tough decision between him and Bouchard for sure. Not saying I'd take him, but I'd at least give a moment's consideration to Farabee as well.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Defensemen are the beachfront property. I would go Bouchard over Boqvist, but hope to get Dobson over either one. It is a great year to have three firsts. Stock up on best dmen available and wait for them to develop. Long term imagine the price you name for an available stud dman on an ELC. You name your price and get it.

You notice that while I am not vs moving some of our incumbents, I am looking to add to the 4elc prospects we already have.
I agree with the above.
Unless we get 2OA for Zib +, I support the look at D first, esp if they are RDs.

Boqvist has so much upside, shot skating vision are all really impressive and hes one of the youngest in his class a la Chytil. He was pretty strong when playing vs peers in the U18 tournies. Rangers are in no rush to compete now so they can let him develop more, plus theres rumors of him coming to the OHL next season so he doesnt get jerked around in the swedish leagues again
He catches my eye most with that blazing speed.

I'd take Boqvist there but it would be a tough decision between him and Bouchard for sure. Not saying I'd take him, but I'd at least give a moment's consideration to Farabee as well.
Concur
Boq over Bou, a close one.

We need other deals to get to like 4OA, 5OA
later on that da real world summons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad