Recalled/Assigned: Rangers assign Libor Hajek to Wolfpack

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hajek has underwhelmed. I'm not getting long-term vibes from him.
There are going to be more of those.

To me, and that is just me, Trouba, Fox, DeAgelo & Lindgren should be mainstays.

#1 priority: Find a defensive partner for DeAngelo

Then determine what you want to do with Sjeki.

It could well be that when the musical chairs stop, there may be no room for Hajek.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Good move. I like all his tools but he’s raw needs some of that good seasoning Knoblauch is dishing out down in Hartford.

but he’s gotta be ready to work because he is very dangerously going to be on the outside looking in soon if he’s not careful. Rykov will get a look.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think Hajek has injury prone in his future. he seems to be that type of player although he has a good skill but Lindgren is a much better fit in my opinion. sell high before his value is not much,

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hajek has the tools to be more of a two way guy--kind of in the Skjei mode--being decent defensively in his own zone and adding something to the offense. In Hartford last year he had 5 assists in 58 games--no goals. The tools are there but he hasn't really adapted the offensive part of his game into the pros yet and added to that he needs to handle the physical part of the game better too. He has size but he shies from contact (the hitting and getting hit) a little much.

Players have confidence issues sometimes. You can see it going on with Kakko but also with Chytil last year. Hajek went into the 2018-19 season saying he thought he could make the Rangers out of camp and it didn't happen and then he struggled most of the year in Hartford on a not very good team. It's another reason why you want your AHL team to be good--it's easier for 1st and 2nd year players to adapt to roles. Hajek also needs to play if he's going to get over that and it looks like the Rangers are going to play Staal or Smith in an emergency.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
He could definitely use big minutes for a while to keep developing. Right now, he isn't an NHL defenseman.

Lindgren is also hit or miss for me, but I don't think the AHL has much to offer him. He has more to gain from plying his trade against the big boys. Hopefully we try to get a look at Rykov in the coming month.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wow! The Rangers really won that McDonagh trade by picking up Howden and Hajek!
Howden’s quietly made strides this season and we also got Nils Lundkvist out of that deal. In the end it’s McD+Miller=Lundkvist+Hajek+Howden+3rd+Karl Henriksson. Not a bad get honestly. If Lundkvist ends up a top 4, Hajek an NHLer, Howden a 3C, and Henriksson and NHLer, that’s a good deal and that’s just being safe with it

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When you look back at how the Lightning did following that trade...yeah nobody did well there.
McDonagh is on pace for like 20 points this year. The hell happened to him? I know there are other talented D on that team, but that still seems crazy low to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00