Pre-Game Talk: RANGERS (32-19-6) at MAPLE LEAFS (20-26-9) TV: 7:30 p.m. ET; MSG, TSN4, NHL.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So if there was a game and no one made a GDT ... apathy?

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-rangers-at-toronto-maple-leafs/c-278933946?tid=278837518

Season series: The New York Rangers have won two games against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Madison Square Garden. Mats Zuccarello had a hat trick in a 3-1 victory on Oct. 30, then scored the winning goal with 54 seconds remaining in a 4-3 victory on Nov. 15. Joffrey Lupul scored in each game for Toronto.

Rangers team scope: Coach Alain Vigneault didn't disclose whether goaltender Henrik Lundqvist or backup Antti Raanta would start. Lundqvist allowed four goals on 19 shots in a 5-3 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday; it was New York's first regulation loss at home since Dec. 20. The Rangers scored back-to-back power-play goals early in the third period to take a 3-2 lead; the Blackhawks then scored three times, twice on the power play, in less than nine minutes. "You just have to forget it," Lundqvist said. "It doesn't matter if you win or lose, you move on and you start over tomorrow."

Maple Leafs team scope: Toronto is back at Air Canada Centre for a four-game homestand after going 1-4-0 on a road trip that ended with a 7-2 loss to the Blackhawks on Monday. Injured forwards Milan Michalek, Tyler Bozak and Shawn Matthias skated before practice, but coach Mike Babcock told the Maple Leafs website that none of the players on injured reserve will be activated. "By the next game we should have a chance," he said. Goaltender Jonathan Bernier is expected to start, according to the Toronto Sun. Babcock said he expects Toronto to compete harder after the blowout loss in Chicago. "We've made it hard on lots of teams in lots of games this year," he said, "and there should be no reason we don't do that [Thursday]."

Leafs are the top of the reverse standings.

Last edited:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
I dont always tank, but when I do, I tank hosting the Rags.

Stay thirsty for Matthews, my friends.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
NO ULF
it's because COR IS SLEEPING (sigh)

we all know this is Cor's job now ;)

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
The Rangers lost last night, so that's good.

They should be motivated to pick up a W tonight.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I actually think the Leafs will come out swinging this game, attempting to rebound from the previous beating Chicago gave them. Heck I bet it'll be a very fast, forecheck heavy and chippy game from both sides. I want to predict there'll be a fight in there somewhere but I don't know who'd do the honours from the Leafs side. Polak or Corrado possibly.

Close game? Maybe but even if the Rangers are out scoring the Leafs, I'm sure we'll see a better effort as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad