Random Leaf Memories

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I remember vividly watching the game the Leafs scored 9 times against Atlanta. The KGM line was on fire. I believe that was the game it was 9-3 and Brett Lebda was -3.

I legit thought the KGM line would be mainstays for a long time but we got rid of them. I loved Grabovski. Also Kaberle was still with us in 11 forgot how long he lasted.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Maple Leafs defenseman, Borje Salming, was cut and given over 250 stitches after Gerard Gallant of the Detroit Red Wings accidentally stepped on his face during a scramble in 1986. Here he is resembling a James Bond villain.

otYdd2a4dafEwx9CPr24uLaI2-mfYf_T3Ze3FhZXaA0.jpg

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
My biggest memory was winning Matthews. I was driving up north and had serious static; play by play

And the 3rd pick goes to..static static, my heart pounding. Cuts in "and its between Toronto and Winnpeg...

"The first overall pick" static static...i was like are you kidding...cuts in "the Toronto Maple leafs"

I punched my steering wheel and screamed like I girl. I was shaking and had to pull over..and got a little choked up. Ill always remember that moment

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Fastest 3 Goals in Playoff History (Toronto Maple Leafs, 1979)

Atlanta Flames vs Toronto Maple Leafs Apr 17, 1979 ..... The fastest three goals scored by one team (23 seconds).

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Maple Leafs defenseman, Borje Salming, was cut and given over 250 stitches after Gerard Gallant of the Detroit Red Wings accidentally stepped on his face during a scramble in 1986. Here he is resembling a James Bond villain.

otYdd2a4dafEwx9CPr24uLaI2-mfYf_T3Ze3FhZXaA0.jpg

Now that was a warrior and too many memories to mention.

Gary Howatt knocked him out of the 79 playoffs with a nasty high stick. Turnbull stepped up and led the Leafs to that 7 game upset over the Isles.

Anybody remember Dan Maloney trying to lift a turtling Glennie off the ice ?

How about Steve Durbano chasing Eddie Shack all over the ice trying to get him to fight ?

Vic Hatfield throwing Bernie Parent's mask into the crowd during a brawl in the 70 or 71 playoffs.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015

Potvin with the 1960's-style headfirst leap.

One obscure incident was during a game against the Islanders, after we traded Kenny Jonsson to get Wendel back. Sundin chased Jonsson all over the ice, crosschecking him, goading him to drop the gloves, eventually penalties were taken. Joe and Harry were having a good laugh over the replay of all the crosschecks and sparring. I don't think I ever saw Mats go after someone without any apparent reason, in that way. Wonder if something happened off the ice between them to cause all that.

Reactions: Goonface2k14

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I am from the Future

Stanley Cup Finals 2017-2018, Game 3 - Matthews hat trick.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all already said. All Pat Quinn dirt. That's that. And that's that. All that sundin, belfour tucker domi roberts neuwendyik era. That was that dirt ritht there.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
since they haven't been posted a couple of my fondest early memories of the leafs

I had not seen the one from sundin and fuhr prior I had thought that was the clark one at first glance

Reactions: Goonface2k14

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3