Random Car Chat

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Caved n bought the Sylvania HID Attitude ZXE bulbs... fkn $90 lol

Not in the mood for surgery today. Just spent $300 in two stops. Beer, gas n lights

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Went into auto zone last night to get new headlight and brake bulbs. I know the aisle and the what im looking for but the counter guy asked if I need any help as I walked in so I said yeah to see if they have what I needed.

Starts asking me questions. dude was kinda "slow" or its was just odd vibe.

He asks some questions, things are taking long. I know exactly what I want and where they are

He then asks if my vehicle uses hi or low beam for headlights. Im kinda confused.

I say it uses the regular basic headlights, its low beam then I can click to high beam if needed.

he says "you dont know whether you car is hi beam or low beam?" in like a "you dont know your last name" kinda way ..

"dude, honestly i dont know what youre asking me. Ive never heard of just hi or low beam. I just want regular basic headlights, Ill grab it myself" .. then I just went to the aisle and grabbed what I needed in 5 seconds (didnt have brake lights)

----------------------

get home order the brake lights and looked into just hi beam or low beam headlights .. and there is no just hi or just low beam headlights

AITA?

is "hi beam or low beam an actual legit queston?"

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Went into auto zone last night to get new headlight and brake bulbs. I know the aisle and the what im looking for but the counter guy asked if I need any help as I walked in so I said yeah to see if they have what I needed.

He asks some questions, things are taking long. I know exactly what I want and where they are

He then asks if my vehicle uses hi or low beam for headlights. Im kinda confused.

I say it uses the regular basic headlights, its low beam then I can click to high beam if needed.

he says "you dont know whether you car is hi beam or low beam?" in like a "you dont know your last name" kinda way ..

"dude, honestly i dont know what youre asking me. Ive never heard of just hi or low beam. I just want regular basic headlights, Ill grab it myself" .. then I just went to the aisle and grabbed what I needed in 5 seconds (didnt have brake lights)

----------------------

get home order the brake lights and looked into just hi beam or low beam headlights .. and there is no just hi or just low beam headlights

AITA?

Well i mean they are different bulbs in seperate lamps. Sounds like a weird way of asking if you need the hi or low bulbs though

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

----------------------

AITA?

This is odd and I can't explain it. So my big truck has 4 headlights.. the standard halogen bulbs it came with new 2 lit for low beam but all 4 lit for hi beam but all 4 were dual beam bulbs.1 went out so I bought 4 new LED bulbs, all dual beam, now I have 2 that come on on low and 2 on high as opposed to the halogen. I'm OK with it because they bright enough and then some. Idk why they don't work like the original bulbs ,plugs all fit like original and are the exact same size 3x6. Odd

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Been snowing and raining .. just replaced my headlights. Easy, took 2 seconds.

Seems only some high end vehicles have a low beam and then a separate high beam bulb.

I drive a Toyota.

Conclusion - dude behind the counter was high and also doesnt know shit about cars.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006

Seems only some high end vehicles have a low beam and then a separate high beam bulb.

I drive a Toyota.

Conclusion - dude behind the counter was high and also doesnt know shit about cars.
I still havnt changed mine lol. Just waiting for that right amount of boredom and weather

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

I drive a Toyota.

Parts stoner behind the counter is like waffle house waitress...there is only one that's been cloned thousands of times and placed in every location.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
So my impala was leaking gas from the fuel pump itself, this pig has sat a decade so after getting it running I figured a few things would pop up and give me some trouble. I replaced 1 soft line from tank to the hard line , 4 inches of rubber, and the soft line that connects to the pump. I ordered a new pump. Yank the old one only to find out the fitting on the carb side are different thread..no probs just go to Ace and get an adapter..wrong.. they didn't have that thread , it's an auto fitting and an odd ball ,usually Ace has really good selection. Ok auto parts store and found one. But I had to put the leaky one back on to move the car if needed. It's a pita putting those pumps on in a small block chev . Today I had time to put the new one on. Took old one off , got the new one on , f***ing leaking at a fitting...f***!!.. Now it's getting cold.. put a mile of Teflon on the adapter and cranked the shit out of it. The push rod that moves the arm on these pumps won't stay up.. trust me it's a pain.. I finally got my threads that hold the pump started and had to take a 2 min break before going postal.. all this and kinda figured it might still leak.. connected everything, fired it up. f***ing no leak... sometimes easy fixes aren't so easy..
Why does nothing break when it's 70 and sunny?
Runs better ,the old pump might not have given proper pressure which seems odd for a carburetor but it might have been starving.
This fix tested my manhood..lol
20240125_151232.jpg

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
So i got around to the headlights today. Everything went fine for once. Was super pumped to turn them on...and boom!

Nope they arent the cool super bright ones with the blue tint....so why the f*** were they $90?? Im so pissed right now. What a waste of money

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
This may be a really dumb question but maybe one of you guys will know. I have a 2020 BMW X5 and I was trying to put the middle headrest up but it seems stuck. I don't see any buttons to push it up. Do any of you know if that headrest is able to go up? I've looked online and and have seen differing answers.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
So my parents got home from Mexico lastnight. Dad wanted pizza but guess whos shit Ford was dead? Blocked in his Rav4 so he had to come crawling to ask to borrow a real truck... greatest moment ever LOL

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
So my parents got home from Mexico lastnight. Dad wanted pizza but guess whos shit Ford was dead? Blocked in his Rav4 so he had to come crawling to ask to borrow a real truck... greatest moment ever LOL
He blocked in a Toyota with a Ford?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
He blocked in a Toyota with a Ford?
B4 he left he switched vehicles around in the driveway to protect the Toyota. He even bought "the club" ffs.

The Ranger has a rust inhibitor thing hooked up to the battery. Guess a week was all it took for the parasitic draw

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Nice chassis number in the description
I might be biased as a huge fan of the color green (though not always in cars) but that's the best looking P1 I've ever seen.

Truly unbelievable car for someone with an unlimited budget.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I might be biased as a huge fan of the color green (though not always in cars) but that's the best looking P1 I've ever seen.

Truly unbelievable car for someone with an unlimited budget.
The listing says the seller got it July of 2023 and did the 8th and 9th year maintenance on it and is now selling it, he must had got it cheap (6 figures that start with a 9 is "cheap" lol).

My 17 Sentra would rock that color

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
The listing says the seller got it July of 2023 and did the 8th and 9th year maintenance on it and is now selling it, he must had got it cheap (6 figures that start with a 9 is "cheap" lol).
I cannot imagine getting a P1 with a clean title for under $1M IMO. That would be a steal considering the car's resale value.
My 17 Sentra would rock that color
There's always wraps, at least...though in my case it's like the car equivalent of putting a colored condom on my manhood and expecting it to be Ron Jeremy's.

• Haha
Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad