Confirmed with Link: Ramo Extension - one year $3.8 million

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I like this move. Obviously this is the last year we'll be playing this two goalie system. This is a signing to let Ramo know you have one year to take the number one spot.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
So uhhh someone has to be traded right? Hope they don't trade Ortio unless the return is really really damn good.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There's no way Ortio's being dealt.

But as it stands, we have two bang average goalies and an unproven one whose chances of becoming our future starter are hard to gauge. I honestly wish we would've let Ramo go to FA now that I think about it

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
I think Blues would be a decent fit for Hiller, they don't really seem happy with Elliot of late

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
List of teams that could use Hiller's services:
Blues
San Jose(although they just made a big splash on Jones)
Vancouver
Edmonton
Arizona
Buffalo(lehner is still unproven)

thats the list I came up with.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Blues
Vancouver
Edmonton
Arizona

I think Vancouver and Arizona are the most likely destinations out of those 6

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Blues
Vancouver
Edmonton
Arizona

Blues have Elliot & Allen
San Jose just gave up a 1st+ for Jones and have Stalock
Vancouver just traded Lack because they were giving Markstrom the backup job
Edmonton just paid a bunch for Talbot & still have Scrivens
Arizona has Smith and just signed Lindback
Buffalo just paid a fortune for Lehner and have Johnson

The only way Hiller will be getting traded is in a goalie swap.

I tried telling people that Ortio was going to be sent down this year a while back but everyone is so paranoid about losing him on waivers that they won'y accept the odds of a goaltender being claimed when the market is flooded is extremely slim

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
I'm sure Treliving and co. have some sort of plan or mindset for what they will do with our goalies. Based on the moves and signings, you can tell management feels we are a competitive team and they are trying to add depth to improve. Personally, I looked at Hiller and Ortio as our 1-2 and felt very uneasy.. That could have been a disaster, and that's no offence (not much offence) to Hiller, I just wouldn't trust him to man the load with an unproven backup. With Ramo coming back, it's a 1 year opportunity for all the goalies and we bring in a guy whose familiar to the lineup and potentially could grab the starting job. Don't care at all about the 3.8 because it's only one year, great signing.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
My guess is that the Flames continue to be open that Hiller is available. If a team comes out of training camp he gets moved then. If not the Flames waive and send down Ortio and wait for a goalie to get injured around the league to trade Hiller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad