Confirmed with Link: Rakell to PIT for 2nd/Clang(goalie prospect)/ZAR/Simon

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I was pretty taken aback when I heard Mears (I think?) mention on last night's broadcast that Rakell was the Ducks' 5th all-time goal scorer. I figured there was no way he scored more for the Ducks than Bobby Ryan did...but he's actually TWO spots ahead of Ryan!

In general there's just a pretty huge dropoff between the Ducks' 4 most prolific goal scorers (Selanne, Kariya, Perry, Getzlaf) and everyone else. Getzlaf is 4th and he has almost double Rakell's goal total.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hope you guys are enjoying your new toy. Have to say that those of you who chimed in were dead on about ZAR, he's the literal embodiment of no-event hockey. Not even low-event, absolutely nothing happens when he's out there. Simon's been meh.
He's been awesome! Please re-sign both so no way Hextall signs them both back. ;)

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Hope you guys are enjoying your new toy. Have to say that those of you who chimed in were dead on about ZAR, he's the literal embodiment of no-event hockey. Not even low-event, absolutely nothing happens when he's out there. Simon's been meh.
Rakell has been even better than expected. We knew he had a scoring touch, but he's been more physical, more active around the net, and better defensively than we all thought.

There's already a push to get him re-signed.

• Love
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Any interest in selling low on that Comtois guy?

Too soon? We won't give you another ZAR, I promise.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I was pretty taken aback when I heard Mears (I think?) mention on last night's broadcast that Rakell was the Ducks' 5th all-time goal scorer. I figured there was no way he scored more for the Ducks than Bobby Ryan did...but he's actually TWO spots ahead of Ryan!

In general there's just a pretty huge dropoff between the Ducks' 4 most prolific goal scorers (Selanne, Kariya, Perry, Getzlaf) and everyone else. Getzlaf is 4th and he has almost double Rakell's goal total.
I'm so happy my guess of Steve Rucchin at #6 was correct.

Reactions: Sideline

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So far so good, I've been impressed. But at this point I wouldn't make any long term plans just yet.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Yeah, he's been great so far. Seems to play well off of Sid/Geno which is exactly what we wanted.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Don't worry, he will come back in the summer.

As for Rakell, I wonder if we will try him on PP1 if it starts struggling. His deflection and goalie screening skills add a dimension that the first unit lacks, despite being loaded with so much skill.

Reactions: Anna Pinion

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
HA!! ZAR scored a goal tonight!! That’s more than what Heinen or ERod or McGinn have done for us offensively lately! Suck it haters!!

Long live the rule of the almighty ZAR :madfire::madfire::madfire:

Hot damn!

Unless the Ducks outbid us I'm thinking 4x4 (strike while the iron is hot and lock him up in his peak years) this summer

zar.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakell67 and jmelm

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'm glad to see that someone appreciates our genius.:) now if only we could get our coach to listen.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad