Proposal: Rakell for Chytil

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Starting with those two as a base, how do both fan bases feel about that trade? Rakell has shown great chemistry with Zibanejad in international play, and their ages fit the Rangers’ “win sooner than later” timeline. Chytil adds speed & skill with forward positional versatility for Anaheim at an age group that closer fits their younger core players to build around. Picks & retained salary could all be in play to balance this out. What say y’all?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Starting with those two as a base, how do both fan bases feel about that trade? Rakell has shown great chemistry with Zibanejad in international play, and their ages fit the Rangers’ “win sooner than later” timeline. Chytil adds speed & skill with forward positional versatility for Anaheim at an age group that closer fits their younger core players to build around. Picks & retained salary could all be in play to balance this out. What say y’all?
Can’t take on another winger while losing the only young center we really have.

Reactions: Nickmo82

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
i dont see NY trading Chytil for someone who is a UFA next year. Rakell doesnt have the value for a top prospect like him.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
FYI rakell got hurt in today’s game against the blues (still going on) he took a bad spill and knocked his head off ice today... not sure if he has returned or not yet

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
FYI rakell got hurt in today’s game against the blues (still going on) he took a bad spill and knocked his head off ice today... not sure if he has returned or not yet
Doubt he would seemed pretty bad falling back on his head unexpectedly.... no point to risk it

Reactions: Tvillewr419

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021

Rakell - Winger UFA 2022

LW

Kreider
Panarin
Lafrenière

RW

Buchnevich
Kakko
Kravtsov

Easy no for the Rangers. :)

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Doesn’t really address the Rangers need.

I also don’t understand this idea that the Rangers have a “win sooner than later” timeline.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Chytil is a top prospect with elite potential. The fact that he plays C only increases his value. Rakell doesn't belong in the same conversation.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Devils fan here. Especially considering the talent surrounding him I can see Chytil being a 70-80 point player next year or year after.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers can’t afford to trade a center, where they lack depth, for yet another winger.

If Chytil is moved, it’s likely in a deal for Barkov.

I rather deal Chytil for Barkov (signed).

Eichel seems to have personality issues. no thanks. he needs to grow up. I don't want that losing mentality here

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I rather deal Chytil for Barkov (signed).

If Barkov signs, he’s not going anywhere at that point.

Eichel seems to have personality issues. no thanks. he needs to grow up. I don't want that losing mentality here

Conjecture and nothing more. Anyone can see that the issue is not Eichel in Buffalo. It starts from the top with ownership. That team is the most poorly ran team in all of professional sports at this moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad