OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Fleming just has nothing, but Cruz and Triolo have to field those balls. They just have to. Triolo's there is no excuse considering his defensive pedigree, and it had a chance of being a DP.

This sucks. Here we go Stratton and (gulp) David Bednar.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn’t see how they got on. Just that it was infield hit and error.

Just bad baseball. Even when they were winning at the beginning of the year there was a sense this type of shit would bite them. Just a bad fundamental team making really basic mistakes.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
TBH I'd feel better with Luis Ortiz just having the ball the rest of the game then putting it in Bednar's hands.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I fully expect a Bednar blown save to lose this.

While I don't mind the idea of a 6-man rotation to keep Skenes and Jones' innings down, I'm not sure it's going to be possible beyond this stretch with no off days because there are so few trustworthy arms in the pen.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really hope they keep Reynolds and Cruz in the same batting spots in which they're in. I'm not one to make a huge deal about where guys are hitting in the order, but both guys have been on fire in the 2 and 3 hole.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Sac bunting ahead of (checks notes) Rowdy Tellez?

Bold move, jabronis.

Gonzales has had a great game offensively. I absolutely would not have done that.

Reactions: td_ice

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Sac bunting ahead of (checks notes) Rowdy Tellez?

Bold move, jabronis.

Gonzales has had a great game offensively. I absolutely would not have done that.
For sure.

The guy hitting about 80 points below his weight, and has only one more HR this year than I do.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Shelton has been really bad tonight. Giving too much rope to terrible players in Fleming, the genericest lefty ever genericed, and Rowdy Tellez who has been worse than 2011 Pedro Alvarez out there. Honestly I'd have signed Pedro off the Brewers bench to take that AB.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
God Adames scares me.

David ugh Bednar. Maybe the fastball won't suck today.

Suwinski needs to make that catch. Sheesh guys.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I really hope they keep Reynolds and Cruz in the same batting spots in which they're in. I'm not one to make a huge deal about where guys are hitting in the order, but both guys have been on fire in the 2 and 3 hole.
Been missing the defensive play of Hayes, but his automatic out NOT being in the lineup has been nice

Crazy they win that game today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad