OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA

One team fires their coach after making the playoffs but not performing to their standard.

The other extends the manager after one month of winning.

Not excuses to hide behind. No “small market” or “low attendance” alibis.

You have to want to compete. You have to want to be the best you can be. It’s not a serious franchise. Come down to the ballpark for a hotdog, beer, and a game. Win or lose, you’ll enjoy the view in the background

Reactions: Coastal Kev

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The type of vibe right now where I'm expecting them to lose every single game. I realize that won't happen but would anyone be surprised to see them hovering at 16-25 in a couple weeks?

Reactions: DaveG and td_ice

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The type of vibe right now where I'm expecting them to lose every single game. I realize that won't happen but would anyone be surprised to see them hovering at 16-25 in a couple weeks?
On the brightside, they keep this up for a couple more weeks, they won't have to bring skenes up at all, because the chance to extend the hot streak will have fizzled out

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
On the brightside, they keep this up for a couple more weeks, they won't have to bring skenes up at all, because the chance to extend the hot streak will have fizzled out

Clearly the offense needs to sort itself. I'm not going to do the defeatist thing in assuming Andy Haines is instructing them to make bad decisions in those .1 seconds they have (the players would be total wusses if they did this) but I wouldn't mind seeing Haines fired.

Reactions: DaveG and td_ice

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The only real highlight for me surrounding the Bucs lately has been “Rowdy” Andrew Destin’s reporting. Another Penn Stater killing it in the media, shocking I know.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not sure I want to call a late April game a must-win, but things sure fell apart quickly. That said, from a more cold standpoint, most of the division and even most of the NL is all bundled up together. We're still 11-10 and after this homestand, there's a very winnable stretch of 12 games against weaker teams to claw back.

It's hard to have any confidence at all with the dismal offense and just how terribly the past three games in particular have gone. You get the feeling that the bleeding needs to stop first. Gut a win out and maybe get things rolling against a Brewers team that hasn't really faced any friction.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This feels like a game and a moment where we need to jump out to an early lead and just quell the bad vibes. Red Sox resting their main threats, veteran SP on the mound for us, and Red Sox running a bullpen game. Wincowski has been roughed up in a couple of his appearances, but I just can't see the Pirates coming out and putting up 2 or 3 runs in the first inning.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The Sox had a great inning even without scoring. They forced Perez to throw a lot of pitches and spat on a lot of 50/50 balls. The Bucs need to get the bats going or this is trending towards a sweep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad