OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Priester looks identical to the pitcher he was when he debuted. A guy generating contact on the ground who teams can tee off on and who can't really put guys away when there are two strikes.

The Ks and whiffs were up in AAA, but no sign of it at all in that first inning against some very weak hitters other than Casas.

2-0 feels practically insurmountable with this offense, and I doubt it stays 2-0 for much longer.

Reactions: td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Terrific play by Triolo there to rob the runner but it simply doesn't look like Priester can get these LH batters out, even if almost all of them are hitting under .200.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
He still can't miss a bat to save his life. I didn't watch any of his AAA starts but I do not understand the stats that I have seen from them. He looks identical, including the velocity.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Huh what a shocker Quinn Priester still sucks. Thank God I don't have to read Tim Williams' epic stories on how his relentless character will overcome his lack of talent.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Score some runs you dolts. I can't read any more about how the trained monkey clapping his hands in the dugout is responsible for your inability to square up a baseball

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Huh what a shocker Quinn Priester still sucks. Thank God I don't have to read Tim Williams' epic stories on how his relentless character will overcome his lack of talent.
Look man, we only have like $30mil more to spend to have an average salary, this is the best we can do

What should we do... Sign three legit starters for that?!? You crazy!? We might win.. Then we can't plan for the future

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Man everyone in here must have had some piss in their Cheerios this morning :laugh:

I'm legitimately concerned about the bats outside of Reynolds and Hayes, and even Hayes is mostly just hitting around league average. Cruz, Tellez and Davis are especially huge problems with how badly they're hitting, since they don't make up for it on defense.

You're not going to win many games with 80% of your lineup having an OPS below .650.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Regardless, Priester seems to be settling in after the rough first 2 innings. He's been getting a lot of weak contact, but he's still throwing a ton of pitches. I hope he can end up going 5 with where his pitch count is at, 5 innings with 2 ER against is a really decent start overall.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The lineup sucks, and Priester belongs with the Washington Wild Things.

His absolute ceiling is current Trevor Williams.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
There are a laundry list of problems on this team which are all valid to point out. This is a really bad offense that is absolutely torching us and making this homestand look like 3-4 will be an absolute miracle.

I think the chief problem right now starts with Tellez and Cutch. The 1B and DH cannot be automatic outs.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Cool, and now we're hitting batters

Sorry for anyone who got excited to leave work early to make it to this game that we're gonna mail in

Better luck through the weekend

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
There are a laundry list of problems on this team which are all valid to point out. This is a really bad offense that is absolutely torching us and making this homestand look like 3-4 will be an absolute miracle.

I think the chief problem right now starts with Tellez and Cutch. The 1B and DH cannot be automatic outs.
A really bad offense without Devers, far and away its best hitter. Not great Bob.

Not addressing 1B with a real upgrade was a major mistake. One can squint and see the argument about not spending more for SP since there are guys coming there, but there's nothing resembling a major league 1B anywhere to be seen in the system and the continued shuffling of aging journeymen like Vogelbach and Santana and Tellez is doing the least you can possibly do.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The lineup sucks, and Priester belongs with the Washington Wild Things.

His absolute ceiling is current Trevor Williams.
I would take that for sure. One is a viable MLB pitcher, the other, QP, I don't think he will be. Hopefully he can improve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad