OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: It's All Jordy Mercer/Clint Hurdle/Joakim Soria's Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
"Clint, you're fighting for the division but also home field in the Wild Card game. Any reason why you played the two worst hitters on the team against one of the best pitchers in the NL?"

Lester one of the best pitchers in the nl?:laugh:

Even so, Pittsburgh media would never ask such a question. I don't even think anybody in the media has questioned Mercer's ridiculous playing time. They're a bunch of sheep.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
"Clint, you're fighting for the division but also home field in the Wild Card game. Any reason why you played the two worst hitters on the team against one of the best pitchers in the NL?"

Apparently to Hurdle, resting players is vitally more important than setting your best lineup. This is what you have to deal with when you have a "players" manager.

I was sure Hurdle would have had Aram at 1st and Kang at 3rd. I could live with one of either Florimon/Rodriguez in the game, but not both. Thats just giving up too much offense.

edit: But as I say all that, its not really going to matter. John Lester tonight is being well lets face it...John Lester.

Last edited:

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
The Pirates have made monitoring their players and resting them tactically a priority. They also seem to have done research into this while having real time data about the players. Maybe these guys deserve benefit of the doubt since they clearly have an information advantage over even the most hardcore fans?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm not going to give the benefit of the doubt to any system that results in both Sean Rodriguez and Pedro Florimon starting in a key game in a race for a division title.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I wish we could of traded managers with the Cubs.

Pirates would of had Cutch Kang Marte Polanco play both games of the double header.

Cubs would be playing Herrera La Stella Denorfia and Szchur tonight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean it's not shocking at all that we are with only 3 hits going into the 7th. You play a **** line up and they give you ****. This team has too much talent on it to start Florimon and Sean Rodriguez in a race.

But Cervelli and ARam taking it into their own hands.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Damn I thought that was gonna split the gap. Would have been nice to have Cervelli sitting there on 2nd.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wish we could of traded managers with the Cubs.

Pirates would of had Cutch Kang Marte Polanco play both games of the double header.

Cubs would be playing Herrera La Stella Denorfia and Szchur tonight.

If we find a way to win, in spite of idiotic management, someone will throw this in your face. Sadly.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kang needs to be starting, not just randomly coming off the bench. We are literally starting our bench players and hoping our starters can fulfill the role of bench players. It's backwards.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
quick inning after a long one for Lester where he had to so some work. bucs big chance right here

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Caminero is so good when he is controlling his splitter. That pitch is really the key for him. It creates swings and misses and makes it harder to catch up to the fastball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad