OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: It's All Jordy Mercer/Clint Hurdle/Joakim Soria's Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The Bucs lost several important pitchers this year. Imagine this team with Tallion, Cumpton and Kingjam available. Anything they get done this year is bonus in my book.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Tie game. Step away from the ledge.

I'm damn proud of this team. Their only crime is that they have failed to catch a team that is having the best regular season since the 116 win 2001 Mariners.

Here's the silver lining: look up how the 2001 Mariners did in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the post season and the Bucs are sure to make it.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Bucs lost several important pitchers this year. Imagine this team with Tallion, Cumpton and Kingjam available. Anything they get done this year is bonus in my book.

I think the Pirates have actually been very lucky with injuries this year.

Harrison Mercer and AJ are pretty much the only injuries from the MLB team.

And the Mercer injury actually helped the team because it got Kang in the lineup everyday.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I think the Pirates have actually been very lucky with injuries this year.

Harrison Mercer and AJ are pretty much the only injuries from the MLB team.

And the Mercer injury actually helped the team because it got Kang in the lineup everyday.

Tallion has better stuff than Cole. I watched both live in the minors. Kingham would have been a huge upgrade over Locke. Cumpton was even more Steady than Locke.

That is huge losses at the same position. It also has forced them to ride Cole and Liriano when both would benefit from a skipped start.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Locke never misses a start while a guy who posted a 2.90 era as a starter last year is wasting away in AAA, even after September callups.

I didn't get it at the beginning of the year and I still don't get it. How many more shellings will it take before the Pirates realize that this guy sucks?

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Tie game. Step away from the ledge.

I'm damn proud of this team. Their only crime is that they have failed to catch a team that is having the best regular season since the 116 win 2001 Mariners.

Here's the silver lining: look up how the 2001 Mariners did in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the post season and the Bucs are sure to make it.
Yeah I'm not throwing in the towel or anything, just frustrating to consistently lose to a **** team in this **** ballpark.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Miller Park is an evil, evil place.

And I hope Vance Worley gets a shot as a starter somewhere else and beats us every time he pitches against us. The fact that he was demoted for Locke is a joke. For shame Hurdle.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Tallion has better stuff than Cole. I watched both live in the minors. Kingham would have been a huge upgrade over Locke. Cumpton was even more Steady than Locke.

That is huge losses at the same position. It also has forced them to ride Cole and Liriano when both would benefit from a skipped start.

The Pirates have had better options then Locke all season, but they refuse to try any of them.

I would of liked to have the guys available that you mentioned, but i think if you compared the Pirates injuries to almost any team in MLB you will see the Pirates have been pretty lucky with injuries.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Can you imagine that the Pirates had an opportunity to demote Locke at the beginning of the year but the powers that be decided, "Nope. We need Jeff Locke!".

Because I can imagine it and it makes me want destroy everything around me.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
When the Brewers play the Pirates they play like World Series contenders. It's absolutely crazy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I heard people flipping out that the Pirates lost all over social media. Man...that **** happens in baseball. Every team has one or two places they go that they struggle in. Every team except the cardinals. The Buccos are doing so well yet it feels like nothing special because the cards never ****ing lose lol. It sucks that this year is going to end up a wildcard lottery, but let's face it. Nobody wants to play us in the wildcard game. So if that's our fate, bring it on. And the cards might have the number two/three team in baseball in the first round.

I say bring it.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
The Pirates won't win this division because they can't win in the division. They are absolutely killing it everywhere else.

You've got to beat the Cards, Reds, Cubs and Brewers.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
The Pirates won't win this division because they can't win in the division. They are absolutely killing it everywhere else.

You've got to beat the Cards, Reds, Cubs and Brewers.

Exactly. If they were even playing .500 in the division they would be 1 game back instead of 6. And that's assuming the 5 wins you take aren't against the Cards.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
CN-g2AqUEAAPc38.jpg:large

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The national league playoffs look set, LA Cards and Mets are all running away with there division, Pirates and Cubs are going to be the wildcard teams, its going to be a pretty boring September.

I wish we could just fast forward to the wildcard game.

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Ramirez needs to be a bench player. He's not hitting well enough to start everyday and Kang is a lot better defensively. The infield defense with Kang at SS and Ramirez at 3B is bad, whereas with Mercer at SS and Kang at 3B, it's very good.

Ramirez last 28 days:

.301/.355/.518/.873 with 22 rbi in 23 games. Yup, bench player all the way. :laugh:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Must be a result of only intermittently watching games for the past 2-3 weeks. Those numbers are surprising to me.

As an aside, Jesus Christ, there is a lot of ****ing animosity in this thread almost all the time. See you guys around.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Yeah AmRam has been more than i expected he would be. As a #4 your job is to drive in runs. He's done that very well to this point. I'll take an OPS pushing 900 from a 37 year old every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad