Raise the Jolly Roger - Are You Ready For 98 Wins & An Absurdly Early Off-Season?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hurdle made this game into a bullpen battle when his starter was having an absolute gem of a game. It made no sense to pull him there. I'd feel much more confident with Happ pitching another inning or 2 than pulling him now for a PH batter (which ended up just getting walked).

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Can't wait until we give up a run or two and the Pittsburgh media doesn't bother to call out Jabba for pulling a guy on a 1 hitter, on 56 pitches through 6.

Never seen anything that stupid in a must win game. Adding this. **** you Hurdle. **** you.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Once again... 162 games and you hate pointing to one and say that's it, but the Buccos can only blame themselves if they end up losing this one. They need to get into that zone and cash in. It's postseason time. No more letting teams off the hook or your season will be over in a week.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would have rather had Happ get out and the top of the order leading off the 7th than pull Happ only for that garbage to happen. Just awful management. That might have been the worst decision I've ever seen Hurdle do. Especially with how ineffective the Pirates bats have been today with RISP, it made no sense to pull a guy that was throwing under 10 pitches and inning and let up 1 hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad