NFL: Raiders hiring Tom Telesco as GM

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Great rosters?

Chargers had just 2 seasons of double digits wins and 3 playoff appearances under his GM tenure

He hired 3 different coaches who didn't pan out (McCoy and Lynn fired after 4 years, Staley not even making it 3 being fired at same time as Telesco)

Chargers went 84-95 with 2-3 playoff record during Telesco era

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He’s built great rosters with the Chargers, not his fault they underachieved with terrible coaching.

He should do well with the Raiders.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He can build good rosters, not his fault they’ve underachieved with bad coaching.

Before he was with the Chargers, he was with the Colts for a decade.
He definitely made some nice draft picks. I hope you're right.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Everyone seems to think Harbaugh is going to do great with the Chargers roster so it's confusing to see the mixed reactions. It's either one or the other, their roster is good enough for Harbaugh to succeed with it or it isn't, Harbaugh will struggle year 1 and Telesco is bad at his job.

The actual fact is that their roster f***ing sucks and I hate this hire for us. I don't know why anyone thinks the Chargers roster is good. Weak links break the chain and they have tons of them, all chosen by Telesco. I don't see how or why I should be happy about this.

Reactions: Peat

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Everyone seems to think Harbaugh is going to do great with the Chargers roster so it's confusing to see the mixed reactions. It's either one or the other, their roster is good enough for Harbaugh to succeed with it or it isn't, Harbaugh will struggle year 1 and Telesco is bad at his job.

The actual fact is that their roster f***ing sucks and I hate this hire for us. I don't know why anyone thinks the Chargers roster is good. Weak links break the chain and they have tons of them, all chosen by Telesco. I don't see how or why I should be happy about this.

Its more the QB

Chargers have QB in place and for many that is most important thing. A good QB can cover faults of poor roster so the thinking would be Harbaugh comes in and gets what he can out of roster with Herbert in place while talent is added around him to build a contender

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s weird to me that Davis hired from the Chargers considering how badly they emasculated him in moving back to LA.

Al would’ve never let that go down

Reactions: Voight

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Its more the QB

Chargers have QB in place and for many that is most important thing. A good QB can cover faults of poor roster so the thinking would be Harbaugh comes in and gets what he can out of roster with Herbert in place while talent is added around him to build a contender
Well who picked the QB, and which team doesn't have a QB right now

Still a bad hire. But it doesn't compute to me the idea that Harbaugh will do great with the Chargers shitty roster year 1. He will not.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Still a bad hire. But it doesn't compute to me the idea that Harbaugh will do great with the Chargers shitty roster year 1. He will not.

I am no Harbaugh fan by any stretch, but he did take a 6-10 49ers team and go 13-3 with mostly all the same major players in year 1

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
It’s weird to me that Davis hired from the Chargers considering how badly they emasculated him in moving back to LA.

Al would’ve never let that go down
The Raiders emasculate The Chargers every time they play each other in LA.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The fans do, and yet they’re still the team who is not there.
That was a Kroenke thing. He knew the Raiders following in LA would be bigger than the Rams. Didn't want to pay and then share a stadium with a team that would be more popular than his, thus pushed to get SD in there with the backing of Jerry Jones.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022

I mean look at the Texans, a year ago they were the laughing stock of the NFL. They found a QB and a head coach and it turned the franchise around in one year.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad