OT: Rags/Devils Tuesday .. who to root for?

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
The Rags and Devils are playing Tuesday and i was thinking who to root for and i think i would rather see the Devils win and not because of hate for the rags. I believe we have 2 games vs the Devils and 1 against the Rags. The Rags have 1 game in hand but a much scarier team as where the Devils currently are further ahead but they are in some trouble. At the end of it all just no 3 point game please!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Funny thing watching games at this point in the season is it really doesn't get interesting till there is 10 minutes left in many games(when it's 2 teams you don't want to get points) then you just cheer for whoever is up by one goal

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Our best hope as Islanders fan is not only for our team to continue winning, but for the Rangers to fall into a slide, so they fall out of playoff contention.

Would be nice if we could get an NHL caliber coach this season too, so we don't come out flat anymore.

At least KO seems to have regained somewhat of a pulse! :handclap:

But, let's go NJ!

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
I will say the Devils and hope that the Southeast Division can only get one team in (the Islanders probably need to overtake the second-place team in the Southeast). As it is, the Hurricanes have a game in hand...can the Jets hold them off?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Our best hope as Islanders fan is not only for our team to continue winning, but for the Rangers to fall into a slide, so they fall out of playoff contention.

Rangers are 4 points behind the Devils but with 2 games in hand. Either of them falling would increase our chances. Of the 2 teams the Devils are the one that most recently has been on a slide(3-5-1 in past 10) while the Rangers are playing mediocre(5-5-0). Going by recent history(ie past 10 games) it's more likely the Devils will slide then the Rangers but things can change quickly

Barzallelujah

Dec 27, 2006
I started doing this a week ago and caught myself... We can't hope other teams lose so we can be better off. We have to root for the fact that the islanders come to play to win every night. It's so tight right now that the Devils and Rangers could be fighting the Islanders for the 8th spot.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
We should be trying to reach #1 in the division and should ONLY be looking up. We're ahead of the Rag$ and have to catch the Devs.

So the choice should be obvious.

F* the Ranger$. You're ISLANDER FANS AND SHOULD KNOW BETTER! :D

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
What kind of question is this? Id root for having cancer before those ***holes in manhattan

AndThereGoesGrabner*

I would rather go to the dentist then ever root for the Raggies. BTW, the Devils have a history of success & playoff births, so when Brodeur gets back it will be the same as usual, Devils in, RANGERS OUT!!!!

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
What i have read. " I would never root for the bleeping rags" and "no overtime".
What i was asking is what's better for us, i guess that got "lost in translation".

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

^^ this plus I can never ever root for the Rangers, hate'm, unless it was a game that I knew for sure would mean playoffs for us(like last week of the season sure). I still get the feeling that the Rangers will turn it on and it will be Toronto, Devils, winnipeg/Carolina that we need to set our sites on.

Still it is really up to us to win, doesn't mean a thing unless we get something like 25 points over the last 20

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Forget about Tuesday. The Rangers play the Hurricanes tonight. Carolina has the 8th seed with 31 points. The Rangers have 28. Should we actually root for the Rangers tonight to make the 8th seed attainable with a victory on Tuesday?

Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :laugh:

Nelly

Jul 22, 2011
It's good to come to a thread where we are all in agreement.

***** the Bloody Rag$

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
There should be no discussion, Isles fans have it in their DNA to root against the Rangers. Go Carolina and go Devils.

As long as the game doesn't go into OT, tonight is win-win. Rangers win, and 8th place is attainable with a win on Tuesday. Carolina wins, and the Rangers fall further behind (especially with an Isles win on Tues).

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
The NJD/NYR game is sort of hit and miss. It really doesn't do much for the Isles either way. As others have said it's more important to win on our own. But for the rag$, it's always nice to see them lose and I don't think either team winning will really affect the chances of the Islanders in a significant way, yet the rag$ winning would be a bit better for NYI playoff chances. Basically, just hope for regulation.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/NYIslanders.html

This website is really cool to look at if you've never seen it.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
There should be no discussion, Isles fans have it in their DNA to root against the Rangers. Go Carolina and go Devils.

None. 100 percent true. You NEVER root against the opponent unless it's game 82 and you need XXXXX to lose. Even then, you celebrate a Ranger loss.:yo:

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
Broudeur is due back for jersey soon and they're ahead. Rags can't find goals scoring right now while Jersey can strike without warning. I say hope Jersey wins in regulation. Besides Isles won't catch em anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad