Injury Report: Raffi Torres (post suspension, dealing with December procedure, rehab)

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Posted this in the recalls thread but Torres has been recalled to the Sharks.

Based on his play in the AHL, he's nowhere even close to being ready to suit up for an NHL game.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Why are they recalling him? Is this just to put him back on LTIR?

I'm assuming they were forced to recall him because he was down on a conditioning stint for two weeks. I'm not sure of the exact rules, but they will probably either throw him on LTIR or put him on waivers to send him back down to the A.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Raffi Torres on waivers.

And there you go...

Doesn't really help a ton with the cap situation but he can get playing time in the AHL.

Edit: LS, I didn't really think it was worth a new thread so I didn't start one. Maybe just a title change for this one?

Last edited:

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
No way he'll get claimed.

I know things don't look great for Raffi's future, but hopefully he can continue rehabbing and come back up and make an impact.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'll take the $950k less in cap.

At this point, it's incredibly unlikely that he'll ever come back to game shape, but I'm willing to give him as much time as possible. He can make so much of a difference when he's healthy, even if he won't ever be back at 100%.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Goodrow deserves to be called up. He's more valuable than either Brown or Zubrus on the 4th line.

Meh, he hasn't shown me jack. I hear he's been better on the Cuda and maybe he deserves another shot, but Zubrus has been fine and Brown is in for a reason Goodrow can't supply whether you like it or not, so it's not a choice between the two.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Meh, he hasn't shown me jack. I hear he's been better on the Cuda and maybe he deserves another shot, but Zubrus has been fine and Brown is in for a reason Goodrow can't supply whether you like it or not, so it's not a choice between the two.

He has 14 goals in 31 games. He has offensive ability and is capable of playing a checking role. Zubrus is only now capable of the latter. I'm aware of what Brown brings, and at times it's needed, but the team is better more often than not with him not in the lineup.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
He has 14 goals in 31 games. He has offensive ability and is capable of playing a checking role. Zubrus is only now capable of the latter. I'm aware of what Brown brings, and at times it's needed, but the team is better more often than not with him not in the lineup.

Well, we'll have the spot soon, so call him up and give him a shot here and there. Zubrus is old and can use the rest. I just think that at worst it's a wash except that Z has veteran experience useful during a PO run. If Goodrow excels considerably above what he provided before then all the better.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Goodrow has certainly shown me "jack". However I agree that he isn't a huge upgrade on Zubrus and would therefore be better served in the AHL.

On topic: Y'all are gonna have to get used to the fact that Raffi Torres is never playing an NHL game again. Oh, what a shame.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
It doesn't matter what offensive or defensive capabilities Torres has, he can't skate or stay healthy. He's done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad