Injury Report: Raffi Torres (post suspension, dealing with December procedure, rehab)

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
sharks46_crop_north.jpg

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
Well now we can stop being delusional about Torres ever coming back and finally focus on filling his spot in the line-up.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So now that Ben Smith has been placed on waivers and will likely end up back with the Barracuda (which by the way, I think I may have asked this before but I don't think so and can't really remember...how exactly does the whole being placed on waivers and claim from waivers process work?), who does this make space for on our roster? Because now Zubrus is hurt. Goldobin?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So now that Ben Smith has been placed on waivers and will likely end up back with the Barracuda (which by the way, I think I may have asked this before but I don't think so and can't really remember...how exactly does the whole being placed on waivers and claim from waivers process work?), who does this make space for on our roster? Because now Zubrus is hurt. Goldobin?

Zubrus is back tomorrow.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2013/10/7/4792782/nhl-waiver-waivers-cba-florida-panthers

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2014/9/26/6850515/nhl-waiver-primer

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Zubrus healthy again, expected to be activated from IR.

Waivers... (See CBA, Article 13)

• Have nothing to do with a player's contract type (one-way/two-way), but everything to do with age and experience.
  • When a player signs his ELS/first contract, the clock starts on his waiver exemption. Minimum one year, max 5 years or 160 NHL games (whichever is less). Exactly how many is based on age when signing that ELS.
  • Once the waiver exemption period is surpassed, a player must pass waivers to be assigned to the minor league (or Europe), unless on NMC (excepting a player waives his NMC).
  • A team puts the player "on waivers", informing agent/player of the assignment.
  • Players on waivers are exposed for 24 hours (9am PT to 9am PT) and any team can put in a claim. Team must have NHL roster/cap space, NHL contract slot to make claim. (They may have to assign someone to AHL if they succeed in their claim.)
  • If no team makes a claim, the player "clears" waivers and can be assigned.
  • If one team makes a claim, the player becomes property of that team and heads to the NHL team. (There's also like a $10k transfer fee paid.)
  • If multiple teams make a claim, the team with the lowest standing position (% points) is awarded the claim (and pays the transfer fee, etc.).
  • If cleared, assigned and later recalled, the player can play up to 10 games or remain on NHL roster up to 30 days (both cumulative) before he has to clear waivers again to be assigned to AHL.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
well, that article is more hopeful than the headline and analysis in this thread.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If only we had a guy like Ben Smith who could slide onto the roster and take a regular spin on the 4th line instead of guys like Brown.

But where are we going to find a guy like Ben Smith now? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad