Player Discussion Rafaël Harvey-Pinard

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What happened to our boy HP?

He has a golden opportunity to establish himself as a core player
He's getting some chances.

Hopefully we can find the right line for him. I think either Slaf or Anderson could benefit from playing the other wing spot on a line with him. And perhaps he could benefit from playing with a big body with speed like one of those two.

Bushero

Oct 4, 2023
Extra determination, extra energy, extra luck and all stars aligned(shoot%). The honeymoon is far gone. Just another Jordan Weal with even less offensive talent.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Part 2

1698488745511.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Habano

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Extra determination, extra energy, extra luck and all stars aligned(shoot%). The honeymoon is far gone. Just another Jordan Weal with even less offensive talent.
You may be right.

But 7 games isn't enough to determine that.

I liked him with Anderson last year. Anderson scored at a 30+ goals per 82 games pace last year over 50 games after RHP was called up. Yet they haven't played together at all this year. I think they could do well on a 3rd line together.

Basic outline for next year:
Caufield Suzuki Roy
Slaf Dach Newhook
RHP Monahan Anderson
Gallagher Evan's Ylonen
Pez

Immediate plan:
Caufield Suzuki Dvo/Monahan
RHP Newhook Anderson
Pearson Monahan/Dvo Slaf
Gallagher Evan's Ylonen

I would be interested to see if Ylonen's speed could compliment Newhook and Anderson. And I think all three of Anderson, Slaf, and Pearson, who have good shots, could benefit from playing with RHP and his IQ and ability to forecheck.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
First hit seems to be the ankle, second hit the knee.

No news as of today? I think he'll be out for a while.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Caufield - Suzuki - Pearson
Newhook - Monahan - Slafkovsky
RHP - Dvorak - Anderson
Armia/Pezzetta/Ylonen - Evans - Gallagher

This is where I have RHP in a healthy lineup (minus Dach)

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
6 to 8 weeks out confirmed

I would send him down when he returns to play ~20 min a game a work on his offensive game with Laval and Joshua Roy.

It would he a disservice to keep him to play an energy role on the 4th line.

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
6 to 8 weeks out confirmed

I would send him down when he returns to play ~20 min a game a work on his offensive game with Laval and Joshua Roy.

It would he a disservice to keep him to play an energy role on the 4th line.

He's gotta find a way to do his thing there, though.. otherwise he really won't have an NHL career long term.

Reactions: morhilane

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's gotta find a way to do his thing there, though.. otherwise he really won't have an NHL career long term.
Turning 25 in January
Time is absolutely running out for him unfortunately because of the rebuild status of the Org at the moment

They're looking for kids who will be 25 in a few years, not guys who will be 30 in a few years..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Turning 25 in January
Time is absolutely running out for him unfortunately because of the rebuild status of the Org at the moment

They're looking for kids who will be 25 in a few years, not guys who will be 30 in a few years..

I'm sure he will journey around the NHL and carve himself a career but his Montreal time is definitely looking shaky.

Too many guys making the jump. Don't see how he fends off Roy and Farrell, let alone who we draft in r1 this year, Owen Beck, Mesar, Heineman and Tuch.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm sure he will journey around the NHL and carve himself a career but his Montreal time is definitely looking shaky.

Too many guys making the jump. Don't see how he fends off Roy and Farrell, let alone who we draft in r1 this year, Owen Beck, Mesar, Heineman and Tuch.
Exactly my thinking as well
Love RHP , but he really had to go gangbusters to start this season if he was ever gonna stand a chance to last here

I feel like he is the primary victim of Gallagher being unmovable really..

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Love RHP , but he really had to go gangbusters to start this season if he was ever gonna stand a chance to last here

Victimizer Gally has 5 more goals than RHP.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I missed a recent game where everyone was raving about the 4th line the next day. I checked and RHP had been on it. I doubt that was a coincidence.

I hope he can still be a catalyst on a line. And I'm sure he'll get more opportunities to prove it.

Though I'm disappointed he's not in the bumper on the pp over Anderson. He'll have to put up numbers 5 on 5 to get that role back.

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad