Radulov gets 7 pts(6g,1a) in a 11-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
SmokeyClause said:
No, even in the indirect quote NMK used, Trotz said that Radulov was too young to play in the AHL. It didn't have to mean he couldn't play technically. It could have very easily meant he thought he was too young and immature to play in the AHL. It could also have had to do with the contract situation. If the clock begins to tick on the entry level deal the moment it is signed, I'd be hesitant to let him play in the AHL. It would be better for him, but he'd be a UFA one year sooner.

I have no idea of the exact nature of the rule, but if he couldn't play in the AHL officially, then Trotz would be well aware of it. The same if he was AHL eligible. As an NHL coach in training camp, he has to be aware of the potential seasons for his young player. That he wouldn't know the rule despite having coached in the AHL for quite a while (and still having major recent connections to the league in the form of Peter Horachek) and having to work with the AHL rules for both Weber and Tootoo is absolutely incredible.

He can play in the AHL by the rules. Nashville's brain trust must have meant they didnt want him there for various reasons. Contract/Maturity.

But trust me on this...its a very cut and dry rule. Alexander Radulov was ELIGIBLE to play in the AHL this year. Nashville obviously didnt want him to. But my intial point was that he was eligible to play pro hockey this year in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad