GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Littleton, CO
The players played like shit, but I still maintain that Bednar owns some of this as well. He wants to talk about his top players being “stubborn”? Well what do you call a coach who doesn’t care to line match and get his top offensive players away from a D-pairing that had only allowed something like 1 goal against (Mikko’s in G3) in the 80+ minutes he’s gone up against MacKinnon & Eichel?
The 2022 team was so good that it drug Bednar along with them to a championship.

We've seen over and over again in the playoffs that when another coach makes adjustments and figures the Avs out, Bednar doesn't have any counter moves. He routinely doesn't have the team ready to play games and in situations like this they always look uninspired. Good coaches don't have those problems.

Kudos to him for growing with this core from the 48 point season but I would love to see what our core players can do under the type of coaching that routinely knocks Bednar led teams out of the playoffs earlier than their talent would suggest they should be eliminated.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
These guys just need to hit rock bottom tonight. Losing close games sucks more than just getting stomped. Stop with the late efforts to make it a game. Acknowledge you are beaten and then start the road back. Yeah winning 3 in a row is hard but far from impossible.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Literally a week ago, this team had that 2022 look.

Quite frankly I really think they win tonight if the Nuke bomb didn't drop. I really think people underestimate how ridiculously important he was to our success, and also how huge of an impact that kind of news has on the team.

Its also why I dont get the people blaming Bednar for this one. Dude likely found out ~4-5 hours before the game that Nuke was no longer available and then found out an hour or so before that Toews wasn't either. You really just cant come back from that kind of breakdown.

Maybe if Landy was actually playing, that kind of leadership could have dragged the others into the fight. But ya without Landy this was clearly the only possible result.

I think they'll actually look better in Dallas on Wednesday, but I still expect a loss and the series to be over in 5 games.
It was devastating news. I expected this the moment it dropped after I had expected a win all day prior.

Nuke consistently is the second best forward in the team all around behind MacK. Rants is good but is so streaky. It's why it will be so hard to give up on Nuke if they do but also hard to count on him anymore.

The team is clearly a tight group. They didn't bail on belief on George after the game and verbally supported him in the media. No one blamed Nuke publicly last year after the playoff exit. Not surprised they took the news today hard.

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
j e r k s

jerks20.jpg

Reactions: Aves Fren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad