GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'll be honest.... I haven't watched a second of this one lmao. It was pretty obvious what was about to happen in my mind, Nuke was arguably the most important player on this team, this had the feeling of the Valentines day massacre all over again the moment that news broke for me.

In my mind our season ended about 3 hours ago.
I’m watching but yep, I knew it was done the instant they lost Nuke. He was the vital two way beast that drove so much of the play. No Toews was just the cherry on top.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Had it happened in the regular season I might feel differently but letting the team down back to back playoffs I just don't know how they do that.

I do agree it just takes the team to another level when he is in the lineup but if we can get a 5% less productive player for the same money that can be counted on they have to spend the money there.
So what do you do with him? Will anyone trade for Val with what he’s done the last two seasons in the playoffs? You can’t just terminate the contract or keep him on LTIR. Avs probably won’t have a choice but to keep him and hope he finally gets help and doesn’t do stuff like this anymore

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So what do you do with him? Will anyone trade for Val with what he’s done the last two seasons in the playoffs? You can’t just terminate the contract or keep him on LTIR. Avs probably won’t have a choice but to keep him and hope he finally gets help and doesn’t do stuff like this anymore
They can move to terminate the contract

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is Nuke's dream... 35.5m more of cocaine!

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
20 year old Wyatt Johnston has 2 goals and 8 shots on goal.
Nathan "Hart" Mackinnon has 0 goals and 1 shot on goal.

Way to go Nate!

Reactions: S E P H

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
There are some legal routes they can take which would allow termination. I think they have supported him more than enough at this point and he won't or can't beat it.

I hate to do it but you just can't count on him. He is a beast of a player but what is he without the drugs honesty. No one knows.

Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad