GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Yeah… that’s completely irrational to me.

Any athlete can tell you they don’t need their coach to get them fired up for a must win game.

This isn’t a random game in January. This is game 4, usually the most important game of a series. Pep talks shouldn’t be required to get me motivated.

Exactly. This isn't game where you need motivation. It should be there automatically. Instead our big guns are sabotaging and throwing the game. That's their own bad mentality. They want out. They don't want to play anymore.

I doubt there's anything Bednar can say to make these guys play anymore. They throw in the towel, which is unacceptable.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
So....... tell me what adjustments Bednar made in the Avs game tonight.....?

I will credit him that losing Nuke and Toews had a major impact.

But I'm not seeing an improvement in the Avs forecheck, the defense still looks terrible with lots of give aways and the Avs aren't winning individual puck battles.
His adjustment was removing them from the game roster.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

But I'm not seeing an improvement in the Avs forecheck, the defense still looks terrible with lots of give aways and the Avs aren't winning individual puck battles.
Adjustments??? How can you possibly detect any adjustment if players are out there going through the motions.

The players have given up. What on earth makes you think they’d put into effect any coach’s adjustments or requests if they don’t give a f***?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Yeah… that’s completely irrational to me.

Any athlete can tell you they don’t need their coach to get them fired up for a must win game.

This isn’t a random game in January. This is game 4, usually the most important game of a series. Pep talks shouldn’t be required to get me motivated.
Yet MacK is frustrated and pouting. If you're going to ask me which one has to go first, well it's going to be the coach 10/10.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Huge changes need to be made this offseason. Rants and Nuke out, fire all the coaches. This team is clearly too comfortable and they are too comfortable with just one cup

I think the word you used is perfect: comfortable. They are way too comfortable. Comfortable enough to throwaway the season. They think nothing will happen to them even if they do crap like this.

Time to change things up and put the work clothes on again.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Bednar before the game:

a83a85d3868b03e3d9c715422c1ebc94.jpg

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The stars are more than capable of skating hard and showing the team how it's done without Bednar massaging their shoulders and wooing them inbetween periods. Beds may not be a master tactician, but he's a pretty darn good coach and we're lucky to have him.

The top players need to wake the f*** up and start skating like they want to still be here.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I think just the news of those 2 being out just destroyed any motivation.

They look like deer in headlights frozen with no idea what to do.

Not sure who that's on, players or coach, but either way they screwed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad