GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I have to disagree here. JD would have given us a proper top 6. But we can't Parise as a top 6 forward. The guy look really bad right now.
Yeah I didn’t mean legit top 6, I meant to say good enough if everyone plays better. We really don’t have a complete top 6 now but it’s not the worst either

Reactions: sethro109

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Bingo.

You look at Sam Girard, he was the exact opposite.

This piece of shit organization actually tried to stop him from going to rehab. They were willing to work with him outside of the program, anything to avoid the publicity.

You know it’s really f***ing bad when the Avs of all teams have begged Nuke to get help multiple times and the guy would avoid it. We literally needed cops showing up for him to be forced into any programs.
What?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
so dallas gets the last laugh here

they most likely were aware of his problem and dumped him before it became their problem

very sad indeed
Ya.... Not so sure about that one.
???

Val helped win us a cup. Dallas gets no laughs.

Exactly.

This f***ing sucks, but at the end of the day the dude was instrumental in the Avs cup win in 2022. Nothing about this situation changes that or takes that away from us.

Move on from him and see if we can replace him(Landy is our only hope IMO), but nothing will take that 2022 Cup away from this group.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I really felt this team was top-tier with Drouin coming back. Sucks to have it go down like this.

At least last year, they weren’t going to win anyway. This year, they had a legit shot. Just a gut punch.

Don’t rush Landy back now.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
On a bright side, when we lose this series, people won’t be talking about how Dallas was the better team, they’ll be talking about Nuke being a big loss and the reason we lost (again)

Even though we’d probably lose with Nuke anyway

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Poor Parise! I hope they get a sympathy win from Dallas.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Why would we want to lose a player like nuke? We literally can't win without him in the lineup. Our team is trash without him. The stats don't lie
Look, no one wants to be “that guy”…but I’ll just say it: this is a results-driven business and this is the 2nd year in a row he’s unavailable at the most crucial time. I’d hate to lose him, but we may not have a choice

Reactions: MildAvaholic

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We're wildcard team at best without him in the lineup. The team is like .500 when he's out
And here we are in the playoffs, where we just spent a bunch of assets at the TDL. Where is he at now? Suspended. Why? Because he has a drug problem and has ruined two of our post seasons now. That's not a guy you keep giving chances. Nuke getting his contract terminated would hopefully teach him a lesson as well. Actions need to have consequences.

I'm not going to say he's going to be easy to replace. Because you can't really replace a guy like that. But he's hurting the team more than he's helping now.

Reactions: The Moops

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So do you think Bednar has the pep-talk notes from last playoffs convincing the boys they don’t need Nuke? Just reread them?

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Look, no one wants to be “that guy”…but I’ll just say it: this is a results-driven business and this is the 2nd year in a row he’s unavailable at the most crucial time. I’d hate to lose him, but we may not have a choice

Lol, you'd have to be batshit insane to ever let this guy play for the team again.

It was nearly insane last time.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They definitely have a choice and losing him would be stupid

Guns, hookers, and coke.

Complete lost cause of a human being.
Sounds like a fun time and a great way to live

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad