GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Even if the Avs win, I just don't see how the Avs can make it work. Even when Landy returns, he can't be expected to replace Nuke. This is Fing brutal.
Yep. Can't even imagine how the dressing room will handle it, either. Run is done, I think. Get rid of Nuke this offseason, inexcusable this has f***ed back to back playoff runs, even as much as I empathize with addiction.

Reactions: GeoRox89 and mack74

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I’d take a second mortgage on my house that his night stand unironically looks like an avalanche hit it.
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: twostroke2023

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I’m sorry, but I don’t feel ‘sorry’ for Val.

f*** sakes. He’s already had his chance. This is the second time he’s derailed a playoff run. Selfish. Plain and simple.

The Avs did everything in their power to protect this guy from punishment. Likely helping him avoid fines and maybe jail time. They gave him the help he needed and he f***ing threw it right back in their face.

Good riddance. I’m sure he’ll look brilliant for 30 or so games in his next stop before he does something stupid again.

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
It sucks he's out but the total freak out tho is comical around here. Yeah, he's a great player and it's hard to replace, but damn, relax kids. Sakic will find a way to dump his salary and we'll sign Stamkos. Stop crying.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yep. Can't even imagine how the dressing room will handle it, either. Run is done, I think. Get rid of Nuke this offseason, inexcusable this has f***ed back to back playoff runs, even as much as I empathize with addiction.
Yeah on a personal level, I feel for him. He has all the resources that you could possibly want to kick it. More than almost anybody else in society. He has to be the one to accept.

On the team, this is flatly unacceptable. Has to be over.

Reactions: GeoRox89

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The question now is what do you do with Val? 2nd year in a row he lets his team down. I mean on a personal level, if he has a drug addiction disease, hopefully he will eventually get the help he needs and get off drugs for good, but how do you rely on him going forward?
We should just do what NYR did with Theo Fleury. We just hire someone to follow him around and make sure he doesn't end up in jail, and shows up for games

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

f*** sakes. He’s already had his chance. This is the second time he’s derailed a playoff run. Selfish. Plain and simple.

The Avs did everything in their power to protect this guy from punishment and gave him the help he needed and he f***ing three it right back in their face.

Good riddance. I’m sure he’ll look brilliant for 30 or so games in his next stop before he does something stupid again.

That’s not how addiction works.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

The Avs did everything in their power to protect this guy from punishment. Likely helping him avoid fines and maybe jail time. They gave him the help he needed and he f***ing three it right back in their face.

Yup... so much of this is hidden in professional sports, and I'd argue it perpetuates the problem.

What blows my mind is he's been suspended and Kuznetsov never has even
Tells you two things... Kuzy is smarter about it and Nuke does a lot of coke. :laugh:

(Didn't Kuzy get a IIHF suspension?)

Also coke is VERY popular in the NHL. It has to be a big problem for it to hit these levels.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Considering how we are feeling as fan... imagine what that locker room feels like right now. No f***ing way that leadership group ever lets him back in there. He will be traded or contract terminated immediately at six months.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Man…I’m a huge fan of Nuke but this is just hard for me. Addiction is a very rough thing and I want him to get healthy for him and his family, then the team after that, but this can’t keep happening. 2 playoff runs in a row and missed a lot of time during the regular season.

Whatever happens with him being on the Avs or not going forward, get well soon Nuke.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Yup... so much of this is hidden in professional sports, and I'd argue it perpetuates the problem.

Tells you two things... Kuzy is smarter about it and Nuke does a lot of coke. :laugh:

(Didn't Kuzy get a IIHF suspension?)

Also coke is VERY popular in the NHL. It has to be a big problem for it to hit these levels.
Coke is also very popular, and good, in Denver…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad