GDT: R2G3 | Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET 8pm MT | Series tied 1-1

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Ya telling his goalie "shut the f*** up. I'll f***ing kill you" may not be the most mentally stable thing in the world.

If he played on a Canadian team and they caught that on camera it would have been a media fiasco.
huh? Mikko said that ?

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
I’m more pissed at the top players for the PPs than anything else. Those were squandered opportunities. They did create some chances at 5v5.

I think the Stars did a pretty good job of preventing MacKinnon from getting the puck, which led to the other four players just repeatedly turning it over on the PP. Then MacKinnon prevented himself from getting the puck when he just went and sat on the bench 30 seconds in.

Yes, I did notice that they are very good at hockey. They have a good coach, good players, and even a good goalie. It isn't a complete travesty every time the Avs don't dominate and win.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I know. But then why is no one else scoring?

The worst part of that worst part is the effort wasn't above average, it was bad and he was much worse than the other goalie.
96 makes far too much money to be as shitty as he has been. I'm not worried about 4-5M or less players when my 9+M player is a complete non factor.

8 has been bad 2 games in a row as well, he needs to be much better.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I’m more pissed at the top players for the PPs than anything else. Those were squandered opportunities. They did create some chances at 5v5.

I think the Stars did a pretty good job of preventing MacKinnon from getting the puck, which led to the other four players just repeatedly turning it over on the PP. Then MacKinnon prevented himself from getting the puck when he just went and sat on the bench 30 seconds in.
It's like the Avs forgot how many times they scored on the PP vs Winnipeg with Makar ripping shots from the point and Lehkonen/Nichushkin in front.

Or game 1 when Makar walked in and beat Oettinger clean.

Don't know why they think this series has to be one play and one play only to MacKinnon.

#8 needs to learn to assert himself every night, not just every few games. Quinn Hughes damn sure doesn't sit back and let others try to take over games while he watches. Makar has to get going offensively.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Another way to look at things is the game was lost in the 3rd when they were trailing by only 1 goal and didn't show up.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
96 makes far too much money to be as shitty as he has been. I'm not worried about 4-5M or less players when my 9+M player is a complete non factor.

8 has been bad 2 games in a row as well, he needs to be much better.
You should be. It doesn't take that much to blank one line when nothing else is happening.

I agree on the individual assessments.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
It basically comes down to both teams wanting to play a different style and one team's better at dealing with it than the other. Stars survive the stretches where the Avs impose their will. If the Avs pot 1-2 goals in the 1st it's an entirely different game.

Dallas is just dealing with adversity better across the board and taking advantage of opportunities. Avs simply need to capitalize when they do get the chance. We can't make Dallas play our game for 3 periods and you can't constantly be trailing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dallas is doing to the Avs what the Jets were supposed to do to the Avs.
For sure, but there's no reason the PP can't be simplified given Nichushkin and Lehkonen in front willing to go to battle. The Avs all season have been guilty of trying to create the perfect play when the PP struggles when they just need to get shots from the point and drive hard to the net.

The Avs weren't willing to battle tonight. Case in point Mikko on the Stars 3rd goal just standing there while 2 Avs battle 3 Stars and he was the next closest Avalanche skater. Embarrassing.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Desperation is the biggest thing here. In 22 we were desperate to win the cup and we would have beaten anyone to get there. This is simply Dallas being more desperate than the Avs.

Dallas, Avs, Vegas are the top 3 teams in west, you don’t think Dallas is seeing the Avs and Vegas win the cup and they really want one too? I saw some comments saying Avs didn’t play good teams in 22 that’s why they won the cup.

Thats not true. When your really want it, you’ll go through anything to win it. Seems like Dallas is that team this year.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Oh they have, have they?
Wood GWG OT goal game 1. Pretty much all depth scoring game 2 Kiva and Duhaime. Tonight was top line scoring, but we simply didn't compete enough to win, and that's on everyone. Can't count on depth scoring to win you every game. 96 and 8 have to be significantly better. 29 was better tonight but the other 2 sucked.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad