GDT: R2G3 | Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET 8pm MT | Series tied 1-1

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
Turning into 2021 Vegas where Avs just can’t get out of their way and the opponent doesn’t have to do much but just wait for the Avs to make an unforced error.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Doubt we see a coaching change if they lose but they should do something big this summer. They have won a cup sure but 1st or 2nd round exits appear to be the most common outcome over the past 7 years. For the amount of talent they have that’s just not acceptable. Doubling down on Mikko to become e even more top heavy?…not the best idea
If they end up losing this series, 96 needs to be shipped out. We simply can't have a boat anchor on line 1 making 11.5M+. Get Drouin and someone else with that money and we are a much better team.

Reactions: Zolik37

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Turning into 2021 Vegas where Avs just can’t get out of their way and the opponent doesn’t have to do much but just wait for the Avs to make an unforced error.

It’s such an easy and low effort way to be able to beat a team. Dallas didn’t look like they broke a sweat today.

Reactions: katfude

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
We are the Washington Capitals which really sucks cause they were a lot further into their window when they won so really people were just happy they got the one Cup

Time for big changes this summer, Moose gone, new goalie, seriously look at changing coaches

This series is not over.

1715489992486.gif

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't know, guys. Rantanen nor MacK looked good, but to put the blame on the one player who got credited with a goal in a game where we get ONE goal, seems like y'all are going through your echo chamber mantras again.

The second and third line are allowed to generate offense if they could do it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
He is the goddamn coach and he's not chewing their asses for ignoring the gameplan? That's on the coach.
I mean we have no idea what he is saying behind closed doors. I'd be surprised if he is all sunshine and roses to the guys in the locker room. I highly doubt Bednar who's never really chewed his guys publicly would start doing it now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mitts has 5 goals in 26 games with the Avs. Regular season + playoffs.

He's going to be cheaper than expected.
At least in that timeframe he's got 12 assists. That's a 54 point pace which is basically what he's been the last two seasons. He also does play fantastic defensive hockey.

I just can't fathom keeping Ross Colton for 4M beyond this season. You can't match him up against the other team's best because he stinks defensively and has poor IQ. He doesn't kill penalties and Bednar even sends him to serve delay of game minors. He doesn't play PP because the top guys play so long on PP1.

If you want a 13 minute center who plays exclusively even strength go find one in UFA for 1-2M cheaper than Colton.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I mean we have no idea what he is saying behind closed doors. I'd be surprised if he is all Sunshine and roses too the guys in the locker room. I highly doubt Bednar who's never really chewed his guys publicly would start doing it now.
Well then be prepared to lose if they aren't listening and you just shrug your shoulders and save the scolding for later

Reactions: Alienblood

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don't know, guys. Rantanen nor MacK looked good, but to put the blame on the one player who got credited with a goal in a game where we get ONE goal, seems like y'all are going through your echo chamber mantras again.

I don't think anyone is saying it's just Rantanen. Its just way more noticeable in how he's skating, losing the puck a lot, and just general effort level. It's great he tapped the puck in but the rest of his game was noticeably worse.

That said, I didn't mind Mack to start but about halfway through he seemed to be moping. The big boys need to get to work if they want to get back into this series.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

Watch the play and tell me who you think was responsible for that goal? The guy standing there and tapped it in? Or the one that skated through 2 players, deked a 3rd and got the shot off that got the goalie out of position?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad