GDT: R2G1 - Avalanche @ Stars - 7:30PM - Nate Wick

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
I thought Mittelstadt was good tonight, actually thought Lehkonen really struggled. Dude was on fire in round one, can’t blame him for having one off night though.
Did you miss the Mittlestadt drop pass at center ice? Holy crap - that is so brain dead it erases any positives he did for the night. He probably needed to change his pants after that

Reactions: The Moops

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I beleive DeBoers will resurrect his anti-Vegas defense next.

It was obvious that the Avs are the faster team. At one point in the 2nd the Stars adjusted to play a NZ 1 -2-2. It didn't work. So in OT, Dallas went back to their pressure 2-1-2 forecheck. Which works except when the Avs recover the puck and start moving the other way with speed..... because all the forwards are behind and chasing the play.

DeBoers has to find a way to slow the Avs game down. Game 2. It will be a chess match.

Georgiev's goal tending performance was key and critical to the Avs success tonight.
1 3 1 and wait for the Avs to do something dumb with their puck management.

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
Stars dominated P1. Avs dominated the next really 25-30 minuyes of the game. The final 10-15 minutes of P3 was back and forth. Stars got the ice for majority of OT because the Avs couldn’t win a damn faceoff not so much because Stars just controlled the nuetral zone. What a 3rd period and OT from Georgie. Very intrigued to see how the teams come out G2. Avs got their skates under them after the P1. Usually not a good sign for opponents.

Reactions: missionAvs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
going over to our competition to say hello, welcome to the series
tv shows 90s GIF
200w (1).gif

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I knew coming into this series we should of had the advantage game 1. We are just so different from Vegas, it was going to be hard for Dallas to adjust. Take away the sluggish 1st period and unlucky bounces and we possibly win something like 3-1.

It will be interesting to see what Dallas does moving forward now that they have seen the Avs speed and gameplan.
You don’t think the Avs were lucky to escape in OT?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Did you miss the Mittlestadt drop pass at center ice? Holy crap - that is so brain dead it erases any positives he did for the night. He probably needed to change his pants after that
Yeah but I also noticed his outstanding recovery during a breakout scrum along the boards in the Avs zone in the 2nd. That extra effort he made to recover the puck prevented the Starr from attacking from the boards to the house.

Casey wasn't spectacular. But he did his job well and wasn't a detriment either.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
This reminds me of the Vegas series. After a game 2 OT win where the Avs were getting manhandled and outplayed. Vegas came back and cruised to 4 straight wins when the Avs couldn't adapt.

Bednar needs to make some big changes for next game.
I listened to the 1st 2 periods, watched the 3rd & OT. The last 12ish mins of P3-OT brought back heavy 2021 VGK series vibes.

1715145809836.gif

I think this team has more grit & mettle, but eff me, that was a heaping helping of stressful deja vu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad