Croatia 1-1
- Lost
wen.gif
England 0-1
- Top goalscorer: Patrik Schick - 3

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I haven't watched any of the Dutch games, how have they looked?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
i like czech but i dont see them beating the dutch. if this was 2004 however....i would bet on the czech.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Czech Republic is a good team. I don't think there's many guarantees of wins at this point, I don't think they'll win, but they should have scored against England a couple times.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
England wins and gets Germany
Croatia scores 3 to get 2nd and ends up with Spain
We finish 3rd and get the Dutch

That was not a good group to exit.lol

Having said that.... Dutch isn't awful and I'd rather them then Spain or Germany. They will be the obvious favorite but the next match is Wales or Denmark.

I just wanted Czechs to advance which they did. I think it'll be a 1-0 type game. I'll pick Czechs due to bias!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
While the Netherlands will be favourites, it's a team we stack up well against and have embarrassed in the past, so I hope we can channel some of that

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
While the Netherlands will be favourites, it's a team we stack up well against and have embarrassed in the past, so I hope we can channel some of that

Embarrassed? When was that?

Either way, Oranje sucks. The Czechs have a good chance to advance. Guessing 1-1 after 90 minutes.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't think this Czech team can really be compared to either the mid 90s edition or the mid 00s edition in terms of quality. Dutch should handle them.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Embarrassed? When was that?

Either way, Oranje sucks. The Czechs have a good chance to advance. Guessing 1-1 after 90 minutes.

I'm mostly thinking of when we were in the same qualification group and we beat them twice and they didn't advance, though really it was more of a case of them embarrassing themselves..

I haven't seen the Dutch team play yet this tournament, though, so I don't have much of an idea of their form atm

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't think this Czech team can really be compared to either the mid 90s edition or the mid 00s edition in terms of quality. Dutch should handle them.
Definitely not at our peak right now.lol I do like the looks of the team and they have played well. I think it'll be a very close match. Agree the Dutch are favs but I don't think it's a longshot for us to pull it off.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Netherlands are favourites for sure, but this is a great matchup for Czechs. I wouldn’t underestimate them.
Schick is in great form and Soucek has gotten better as the tournaments gone on.
Should be a really close entertaining game.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Despite my pessimism, I have to shout out how well de Vrij is playing. Best player of Oranje so far. I also believe he has the most take aways, to speak in hockey terms, so far in this tournament.

Reactions: YNWA14

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is another great matchup. The Dutch combining style with a very unDutch like back 3. The Czechs may not be the 2004 version (not even close to the 96 version) but this is a solid outfit...I'm not making a prediction..just going to enjoy

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
As for the US broadcast why aren't both games on ABC? What are they running on Sunday morning? Infomercials? I hope the ESPN steam is up to snuff this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad