Euro: R16: France v Switzerland, 6/28/2021

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Imagine telling descendants of Italian, German, French, Brazilian, Argentine etc immigrants that they need to watch and support the mls or they’re not real soccer fans? :laugh:

I see what he's saying in regards to growing the game in the U.S; but I think it's misinformed. MLS revenue does nothing to grow the game in the U.S. The entire system needs to be rewritten as it benefits those youngsters who can "pay to play".

Also, watch whatever you like obviously.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Try following this team without getting attached :yo:

...but seriously, football club passions are often illogical for people who weren't born into one. I think you might be surprised by how attached you get to a club after a short amount of time. So like others have said, the best wayto get into one is to just start watching random matches for a few weeks & seeing whom you gravitate towards.

Maybe ask for suggestions of fun teams to start with...cause odds are you won't enjoy yourself if you end watching a lot of Wolfsburg matches unless you are as invested in the development of Ridle Baku as I am :laugh:...but ultimately just follow your interest to find a club; a bunch of my american friends ended up deeply passionate about the weirdest German & English teams :laugh:

If he's American, Wolfsburg might not be a bad choice, given Brooks' recent play. Or he could always follow Chelsea for Pulisic.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
BTW, this thread has quite a number of views for a single match thread. For example, 50% more than Eng-Ger thread, and more than an usual PL match day thread.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Try following this team without getting attached :yo:

...but seriously, football club passions are often illogical for people who weren't born into one. I think you might be surprised by how attached you get to a club after a short amount of time. So like others have said, the best wayto get into one is to just start watching random matches for a few weeks & seeing whom you gravitate towards.

Maybe ask for suggestions of fun teams to start with...cause odds are you won't enjoy yourself if you end watching a lot of Wolfsburg matches unless you are as invested in the development of Ridle Baku as I am :laugh:...but ultimately just follow your interest to find a club; a bunch of my american friends ended up deeply passionate about the weirdest German & English teams :laugh:

Still pissed off he left Mainz. Why do I always pick crap clubs to cheer for?

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
The Pogba arrogance when things go right and then childish tantrums when things don't prove he needs to grow up a lot.

Add this to Mbappe's lack lustered performance, sulking whenever he missed or lost the ball, unfortunately France deserved to go out.

Switzerland showed passion, teamwork and great commitment. They absolutely deserved that win. It shouldn't have even gone to penalties.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The Pogba arrogance when things go right and then childish tantrums when things don't prove he needs to grow up a lot.

Add this to Mbappe's lack lustered performance, sulking whenever he missed or lost the ball, unfortunately France deserved to go out.

Switzerland showed passion, teamwork and great commitment. They absolutely deserved that win. It shouldn't have even gone to penalties.

And yet in spite of all that..Coman put the ball against the crossbar in the last minute of regular time. Could have ended the game right there. France clearly has the superior players not just over Switzerland but most other teams..and had the squad to win the tournament. That makes the whole thing even worse. Germany, Holland and Portugal are all flawed in some way that almost certainly would have kept them from winning the Euro in any event, so losing now made sense in many ways. For France it's a legit WTF moment.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
See, some posts make zero sense.
In what way has Pogba shown arrogance exactly? What childish tantrum did he throw?
This is just blind hatred based on nothing.

Pogba was one of the first (if not the first) to congratulate Switzerland in very classy fashion.

Sometimes football can be cruel… cruel and also beautiful. Yesterday, the game brought us sadness but happiness to our opponents. That’s the beauty of football.
Of course we all wished that we could have had a positive result.

Thank you so much to all of our fans across the globe. It was beautiful to see you, to hear you, and to celebrate with you. You gave us hope and joy throughout all of our games. We will keep our heads up and we will come back stronger.

Finally, I want to wish congratulations to Switzerland.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad