GDT: R1:G2 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 22nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-3 L

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Could be, but they don't have to be lean.

There are plenty of pieces here to work with. Alterations are required and some savvy lateral moves could jumpstart things on several fronts.
while i do agree with you, i have zero confidence that as an organization, they acknowledge the moves need to be made and actually make them.

If management was smart they'd move on, he's clearly becoming the next Marc Edouard Vlasic
yeah i wish we could be hes signed for quite a while and while its not a huge cap hit, hes not worth that term or aav.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
while i do agree with you, i have zero confidence that as an organization, they acknowledge the moves need to be made and actually make them.

They're raising ticket prices. They have a new expensive building to fill.

Already this season people were staying away from Belmont.

Ownership knows it can't afford to rinse and repeat this summer.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Chokabloc

Nov 25, 2021
NJ
Not that we didn't do it already, but he would've added a handful of more icings...
Perhaps, his regular season performance in years where he wasn't nursing a fractured ankle the entire season was C to C- at best. But I direct your attention to his performance in the last 3 playoffs. He was probably the most effective D-Man. Video don't lie....

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Injuries have clearly taken a toll on Pelech. I don’t expect he will play out his contract. I expect an injury settlement at some point.

He is washed at this point and as a big fan of him it sucks to see. They probably have another year or two max to get value for him. Pulock on the other hand is still playing up to second pairing talent. Pelech is slow and cannot keep up any longer.

Reactions: Lights911

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
They're raising ticket prices. They have a new expensive building to fill.

Already this season people were staying away from Belmont.

Ownership knows it can't afford to rinse and repeat this summer.
More time to talk about this after the season's over, but things were already a bit different in that there was no TDL acquisition this year. Not sure if that was by design or there was just no trade to be made, but one can hope it signals some kind of change in direction. Of course, we added nothing and we're playing against CAR who added Guentzel and Kuznetsov (series might be a bit different without them).

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Why must there be something rotten in the locker room? Carolina is a much better team, with more high-end talent. They are also a terrible match up for us.
It’s not just the Carolina game is the consistent inability to deal with adversity. The blown leads, the penalty kill, defensive breakdowns, team disappearing act, etc. it’s been happening all season through two coaches.

Carolina is a better team, but the Isles play in the last 40 minutes is inexcusable.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
So you don’t have a plan.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your reading comprehension is fine but that the reality is you don't like the truth,,,,face it the window closed on this group few years ago and had Tampa not had 7 guys on the ice they might have won the cup that said they didn't then and they surely wont now

Reactions: ekill08x

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
More time to talk about this after the season's over, but things were already a bit different in that there was no TDL acquisition this year. Not sure if that was by design or there was just no trade to be made, but one can hope it signals some kind of change in direction. Of course, we added nothing and we're playing against CAR who added Guentzel and Kuznetsov (series might be a bit different without them).
Considering Carolina and Vegas made some intuitive deals, risky for sure, but they pushed forward on them, I sort of get the sense that Lou and Roy agreed to ‘let it ride’ - gives Roy a real view into the players and gives Lou enoug insight to realize some of these guys need to be shuffled along.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Attendance was at 96.7%. Hardly indicative of people staying away.

Certain things need to be taken with a grain of salt...
1713948899386.png

Aside from the fine print, stats of this nature will be established based on tickets that are accounted for, be they sold, season tickets, corporate tickets, freebies, giveaways, incentives, etc.

If anyone is thinking there were actually 18,000+ human fannies in those seats at every home game this season, then please share with me what you're smoking.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Certain things need to be taken with a grain of salt...
View attachment 858746

Aside from the fine print, stats of this nature will be established based on tickets that are accounted for, be they sold, season tickets, corporate tickets, freebies, giveaways, incentives, etc.

If anyone is thinking there were actually 18,000+ human fannies in those seats at every home game this season, then please share with me what you're smoking.
Barely matters one iota if tickets sold but some people don’t show up. Ticket is paid for either way, money in the teams pocket. Sure maybe concessions sells a few less hotdogs but that hardly matters.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Barely matters one iota if tickets sold but some people don’t show up. Ticket is paid for either way, money in the teams pocket. Sure maybe concessions sells a few less hotdogs but that hardly matters.

But I wasn't talking about tickets sold.

I wrote that that people were already starting to stay away from the arena this winter.

Ok, I guess you're trying to say that this cannot be statistically, and thus viably argued, so we shouldn't be seeing it as something the owners would need to factor into their offseason business decisions.

Good. Then everything's humpty dory.

Wonder how those season ticket renewals have been going the past few months?

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your reading comprehension is fine but that the reality is you don't like the truth,,,,face it the window closed on this group few years ago and had Tampa not had 7 guys on the ice they might have won the cup that said they didn't then and they surely wont now

I asked what your specific plan is. You still haven’t provided one.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It’s not just the Carolina game is the consistent inability to deal with adversity. The blown leads, the penalty kill, defensive breakdowns, team disappearing act, etc. it’s been happening all season through two coaches.

Carolina is a better team, but the Isles play in the last 40 minutes is inexcusable.
Carolina is one of the best (maybe the best) teams in the league. Islanders are what, 14th best? Maybe? As has been mention multiple times they are probably the worst matchup for the Islanders. I don't think there's another team that has strengths that completely expose our weaknesses. The result is what we're seeing in this series (which is still winnable for the Islanders IMO)

Adversity? Meh. They showed plenty of adversity just making the playoffs.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
I asked what your specific plan is. You still haven’t provided one.
OK ,,I will play this game,,,,I go first = Hello Lou Thanks for all you've done " you're fired " ,,,,,,now do u want me to name the GM that I would hire or do I will make that easy as u can insert whoever makes your boat float unless of course you think retaining Lou is the answer in which case = again it wont matter who I name. Next you hang a sign outside of UBS " fire sale everything and everyone must go " This means you can trade Barzal, Sorokin, Dobson , anyone and everyone to acquire picks and build this team thru the draft-----the players who we are trading away wont matter in 3 or 4 years as we will be rebuilding from scratch = do you get the picture and idea yet ? IF the Islanders had done this 3 years ago then you and I would not even be having this discussion as the rebuild would have been underway and the players they would have drafted would be making an impact but instead Lou was asleep at the switch and he left a group intact who missed their window of opportunity ------enjoy your day and the rest of the NHL playoffs, and who knows maybe the Islanders come back and win this series and go on to winning the Stanley Cup this year but if not BLOW IT UP

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
OK ,,I will play this game,,,,I go first = Hello Lou Thanks for all you've done " you're fired " ,,,,,,now do u want me to name the GM that I would hire or do I will make that easy as u can insert whoever makes your boat float unless of course you think retaining Lou is the answer in which case = again it wont matter who I name. Next you hang a sign outside of UBS " fire sale everything and everyone must go " This means you can trade Barzal, Sorokin, Dobson , anyone and everyone to acquire picks and build this team thru the draft-----the players who we are trading away wont matter in 3 or 4 years as we will be rebuilding from scratch = do you get the picture and idea yet ? IF the Islanders had done this 3 years ago then you and I would not even be having this discussion as the rebuild would have been underway and the players they would have drafted would be making an impact but instead Lou was asleep at the switch and he left a group intact who missed their window of opportunity ------enjoy your day and the rest of the NHL playoffs, and who knows maybe the Islanders come back and win this series and go on to winning the Stanley Cup this year but if not BLOW IT UP

Just like the Sabres, Red Wings, Senators, Ducks, Flyers, and Coyotes...

It's interesting, I'm looking at the teams in the playoffs and I don't think there's a single one who did a tear down rebuild within the last four or five years.

I'm not saying it can't work, it's just not some guaranteed path to success.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

It's interesting, I'm looking at the teams in the playoffs and I don't think there's a single one who did a tear down rebuild within the last four or five years.

And not one of those teams were a f***ING playoff team when they did their "tear down."

Reactions: Potvottier and mm11

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

Not sure, but didn't the Rangers tear it down? (The time the sent letter to the fans)...can't remember

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad