GDT: R1:G2 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 22nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-3 L

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
What a terrible loss. I cannot even begin to break down just how awful that felt. I guess the silver lining here is what team that comes back down from 0-2 felt good when it was 0-2?

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I really wish Roy would be more proactive with his timeouts

Isles were getting ropeadpped in the third, call timeout and settle everyone fown

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Please explain, in detail, what your plan is for this supposed rebuild.
Sure Mikey = BLOW IT UP no one is untouchable and everyone is expendable starting with the GM who IMO believes this group can compete sadly the window has closed on him and it closed on this group 3 years ago

As I said with the new arena and the all star game happening there is zero chance the owners are going to go with a rebuild, they are going to f*** this franchise for the next decade just to try and give some illusion of a competitive team to prevent the ticket sales from plummeting, but they will plummet in about 4 years when this is a dead franchise with no future and it will be a long and miserable rebuild and they could lessen the damage if they start it now but there is no chance of that happening
What you wrote is VERY possible and it is the definition of insanity but hopefully they blow this mess up and start from scratch

Reactions: Ishkabible and MJF

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
then what do you expect? more garbage? more shitty prospects who become nothing? there is no win, the end result is more
then what do you expect? more garbage? more shitty prospects who become nothing? there is no win, the end result is more slop
IF you have a GM or organization who can judge talent and actually rebuild it from scratch then in 3 or 4 years we are having a much different conversation BUT if you continue with the status quo = then you are spot on

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I don't remember the last time a sports game affected my sleep.

The emotional toll of that game made me feel like total trash, and I just kept trying to figure out how it could all go so wrong. It depressed me.

Not being a kid anymore, I have become where sports games annoy me to a degree, but not affect my emotions like this of anger and disgust.

The high to the low in such short time was just insane. I mean it's not like the signs of a collapse weren't there, but I didn't want to believe it.

It's made me unmotivated to even watch the next game, it really sucked the life out of me. I didn't think they were gonna be a Cup contender, but losing that game like that?

Sigh.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
As frustrating as watching every team pull their goalie and see the puck always in the back of our net, I realize a lot of this is due to lack of speed and inability to get to lose pucks. As much as I want them to win, it’s just not possible with all the talent on the other side

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Well, imagine if we choked these last two games vrs the rangers? Bright side fellas. Guys have nothing to lose Thursday night. Lay it all out there. We're not running a cup anyway. Right?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
You gonna bitch about bitchin’. GTFO. Who the f*** cares, if you do, don't post. Lurk all you want. If less ppl post, IDGAF.

We all bleed orange, white, and blue, respectively.

Whine about whining.

‘Group think.’

We should do a Zimbardo study on the Isles board.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
You gonna bitch about bitchin’. GTFO. Who the f*** cares, if you do, don't post. Lurk all you want. If less ppl post, IDGAF.

We all bleed orange, white, and blue, respectively.

Whine about whining.

‘Group think.’

We should do a Zimbardo study on the Isles board.

Relax bro. We get it, we're all still reeling from the debacle last night. People need to vent.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I have ZERO attachment to this roster. This is the most disinterested I’ve been in years. I’ll be honest I’m barely keeping up with this place, I’ve been so checked out.
I’ve kinda been that way since probably November-December of 2022. I used to never want to miss a game, but for the last 2 years, watching this team has been a chore…why is it that other teams can maintain relevance or high levels of play for extended periods of time with small valleys? NYI is the except opposite. Relevant for 2-3 years, then fall back into severe mediocrity or downright terrible for 5+ years

The stadium series was game was what I thought would be the last straw for me, but I got suckered back in like an idiot. Last night was just a bridge too far

Now that I’m a new dad, I don’t see myself wasting the time and energy to deal with this Mickey Mouse bullshit when I’ve got other things I need to worry about

Reactions: xECK29x

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Well, imagine if we choked these last two games vrs the rangers? Bright side fellas. Guys have nothing to lose Thursday night. Lay it all out there. We're not running a cup anyway. Right?

Honestly they'd have been way better facing NYR. Much like Carolina would be way better facing FLA or BOS next. NYR is just a poor matchup for them as we have seen several times last 4-5 years. They play too good a defensive game and just sort of wait for you to make a mistake and score. That is not really the type of opponent Carolina wants. They want a team who plays somewhat of a straightforward or attack oriented game which is more what FLA/BOS/NYI probably qualify as.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad