News Article: R.I.P. Mike Bossy

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
RIP Mike Bossy. So sad, too young. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
RIP best goal scorer especially in tight around the net of all time. Met him in toronto and signed his book for me .I asked him why dont you make a return when he left because of bad back. He said easier said then done kid.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Had the pleasure of watching him play in his prime during the 80's at a time when I couldn't get enough hockey in me and he was by far and away the greatest and purest goal scorer of all time IMO. At .76 goals per game, he ranks as the the best in NHL history.

What a true gentleman too...RIP Mike.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
RIP. An amazing player. watching him come down the wing toward the bruins d zone was almost terrifying he was so good. could score from anywhere.

Reactions: sooshii

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
He owned Pete Peters in the ‘83 semi finals. Bruins were the better team but Bossy just destroyed them and Peters couldn’t beat the Islanders. Switch the goalies (Smith for Peters) that year and we sweep the Islanders and then the Oilers in the finals.

RIP Mike. A great goal scorer that always looked like a nice guy. Played back when players had some character and we didn’t know how much they made, just the fact we loved to see those in that era play.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Denis Potvin: "Given him and the goaltender, you just didn't think the goaltender could make a save. You thought automatically that Bossy would score."

Billy Smith: "I've never seen him play a bad hockey game."

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
A significant portion of my childhood and adolescence was spent try to emulate Mike Bossy.

Loved watching him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad