Quinton Byfield vs 10th overall in 2023?

Which would you prefer?

• Byfield

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • 10th over in 2023

Votes: 64 54.2%
  • Value is even / abstain

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd probably take the 10th pick. Never been a particularly big fan of Byfield, and some warning signs and early career struggles haven't done much to dissuade me from that.

Also for the Canucks, it'd be really nice to potentially land a high-upside defenceman there, even if the timeline is extended. Byfield isn't really what they particularly need right now. They've got enough forwards. So Byfield being available "right now" doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Byfield I still think is going to be a good player. Big guys that can skate like he can really show their worth in the playoffs. Don't know if he ever gets to star status but I'd take him here.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Byfield I still think is going to be a good player. Big guys that can skate like he can really show their worth in the playoffs. Don't know if he ever gets to star status but I'd take him here.
They show their worth when they actually use their size... Byfield uses his stick not his body. 5'8 Marco Rossi is more physical.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Byfield is still going to be a beast. Big guys like him take time.
They do? What other big forwards top picks took time? Not Lemieux, not Lindros, not Arnott, not Shanahan, not Lecavalier, not Malkin, not Ovechkin, not Staal, not Nash, not Kovalchuk and not Heatley. Joe Thornton? Not really, he was almost 1PPG in the playoffs his second season.

So who? I'm genuinely curious because I've seen that statement before.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
They do? What other big forwards top picks took time? Not Lemieux, not Lindros, not Arnott, not Shanahan, not Lecavalier, not Malkin, not Ovechkin, not Staal, not Nash, not Kovalchuk and not Heatley. Joe Thornton? Not really, he was almost 1PPG in the playoffs his second season.

Not very many but add Tage Thompson, Dylan Strome, Kirby Dach. Doesnt bode too well for Byfield bc. the latter two are not very impactful at all.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

Scheifele, Couturier, Wheeler

there's a few examples out there but yeah I wouldn't say a majority or anything like that

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Not very many but add Tage Thompson, Dylan Strome, Kirby Dach. Doesnt bode too well for Byfield bc. the latter two are not very impactful at all.
Dach actually has the potential to become an argument in the opposite direction. I wouldn’t say a 21 year old 6’4 forward playing twenty minutes a night while putting up 16 points in 18 games is anything but trending for a breakout season.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Byfields only 20.... people need to chill
To me, he looks a lot like the player I saw in Sudbury: still struggles with decision making at a high pace, still a little raw with his passing and stick skills, needs to use his body more.

I think this is less of a shot at QB than it is people saying they love the upcoming draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad