Prospect Info: Quinton Byfield (2nd Overall 2020 Draft) Discussion part II

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I wish he was as a shoot first kind of guy .... looks better at all aspects of the game but he is like kopi , almost always looks for the pass

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
I see no one in this thread has said it yet, so let me do the honors of being ridiculous.

Kids a bust.

Really excited to see his call up next week.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Let's support this kid. I feel he has a good heart and determination. I believe he will become a special player.

Reactions: David Lunch

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I wish he was as a shoot first kind of guy .... looks better at all aspects of the game but he is like kopi , almost always looks for the pass
I don’t think that was a a problem in junior though, I think it’s more about confidence. He definitely seems to be shooting more since he started finding his feet in Ontario.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
2 more games in Ontario than call up, according to the mayor
If so, things are going according to plan for QB. Right near the top in points per game in Ontario. Obviously needs to round out his 200 ft game, but time to get him a 6-game taste of the NHL. He's definitely being groomed for full time duty 2021-22. I just don't see how he gets sent back to juniors next season.

Kopitar, Byfield, Anderson-Dolan, and Andersson down the middle next season? Sign me up.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If so, things are going according to plan for QB. Right near the top in points per game in Ontario. Obviously needs to round out his 200 ft game, but time to get him a 6-game taste of the NHL. He's definitely being groomed for full time duty 2021-22. I just don't see how he gets sent back to juniors next season.

Kopitar, Byfield, Anderson-Dolan, and Andersson down the middle next season? Sign me up.

They'll miss the playoffs again with those centers, but it will set them up nice for 22-23 assuming Kopitar can still be a great 1C at 35.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I agree. I think there’s a good chance of that being the lineup through the middle and over the course of the season Byfields minutes will go up. If all goes well they will want him to be the 2C which is why I really think acquiring a C is unlikely. I think the LHD is the move that gets made this off season, plus maybe a winger.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I watched a bit of the last game and was quite impressed with QB. Had a few pretty dominating shifts where he got around the opposition pretty effortlessly and used his body well to separate himself. I think he's going to be great. Excited to watch him play more closely. Is it confirmed for sure that he's getting called up soon?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I watched a bit of the last game and was quite impressed with QB. Had a few pretty dominating shifts where he got around the opposition pretty effortlessly and used his body well to separate himself. I think he's going to be great. Excited to watch him play more closely. Is it confirmed for sure that he's getting called up soon?
Confirmed? No

Rumored? Yes

Also rumored by a guy that is good with captaincy changes, and injuries. But he also has Buffalo Sabres level abilities on trade rumors, so its anyone's guess

Reactions: Maynard

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Confirmed? No

Rumored? Yes

Also rumored by a guy that is good with captaincy changes, and injuries. But he also has Buffalo Sabres level abilities on trade rumors, so its anyone's guess

The mayor is not exactly going out on a limb in saying QB is going to be called up.

He is the Kings most important prospect in a dozen years, he has played well enough in the AHL to warrant the call-up, he is expected to make the team next season, he isn't going to lose a year off his ELC and the Kings and Reign are no longer in contention for the post-season. It would be totally shocking if he wasn't called up.

Kaliyev should be called up as well, as there should be an expectation that he is atleast going to compete for a roster spot next fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad