Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How did Tyson Nash get traded?? I tried to sign him on RFA before the season started which he accepted and matched by Atlanta. This was before Andrew came into the job.

I thought if the player matched the deal, the team that tried to sign him gets the rights to trade for him for a year. If this is the case, it also applies to Scatchard as well.

If this rule applies, that does that mean that it also applies to those that were signed as RFA and matched from the last playing season. If so, this would apply for Andrew Ference, Michal Rosizval and Willie Mitchell.

Can I get a confirmation here??

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Donga said:
How did Tyson Nash get traded?? I tried to sign him on RFA before the season started which he accepted and matched by Atlanta. This was before Andrew came into the job.

I thought if the player matched the deal, the team that tried to sign him gets the rights to trade for him for a year. If this is the case, it also applies to Scatchard as well.

If this rule applies, that does that mean that it also applies to those that were signed as RFA and matched from the last playing season. If so, this would apply for Andrew Ference, Michal Rosizval and Willie Mitchell.

Can I get a confirmation here??

I'm not sure what the ruling is on this... perhaps the trade freeze on those players was lifted along with the UFA's at the "All-Star Break" ?

HFNHL Red Wings

More likely that, with a team in transition, and so much time having elapsed since the the July 2004 UFA period no one remembered and it slipped through. Heck I still don't remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig