Quebec City trying to keep the flame alive

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
They annonced today that they will be hosting the Los Angeles kings training camp oct 2-3-4-5-6 including 2 games vs the Bruins(3rd) and Panthers (5th) giving them a 5m-7M subsidy for doing so

and the economy minister will once again meet Gary Bettman at the end of November in NYC

The people of Quebec are not going to like shelling out $5-7 million dollars for a few exhibition games involving teams that have literally no connection to the Quebec City area.

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
I have zero hopes of having a team back here; the current BOG doesn't believe Québec is a worthwhile addition. So that's that.

And yes : Eric Girard has another in-person meeting with Bettman at the end of November, but it'll only be a courtesy meeting as usual.

Reactions: kevistar

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They said the same thing about Winnipeg.

I for one want to see Quebec get a team again.

The 'Battle of Quebec' games against the Canadiens were even better then the 'Battle of Alberta' games.
Unless the stars align for a relocation, I don't see the NHL returning to QC. In 2011, no other city stepped up to take ATL, not Houston, not Portland, not Utah.

Reactions: DaveG

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Toronto will be in the NFL and Vancouver and Montreal will be in the NBA before the NHL ever gives Quebec an expansion team. There best bet is buying an existing struggling team and moving it like Winnipeg did with Atlanta.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I think on a long enough timeline, Quebec will get a team. Not anytime soon though

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Toronto will be in the NFL and Vancouver and Montreal will be in the NBA before the NHL ever gives Quebec an expansion team. There best bet is buying an existing struggling team and moving it like Winnipeg did with Atlanta.
Quebec just have to hope that a person who likes Quebec becomes commissioner after Bettman dies.

Salsero1

Nov 10, 2022
Quebec just have to hope that a person who likes Quebec becomes commissioner after Bettman dies.
The commissioner works for the owners. If the owners don't see any value in QC then it's not going to happen, it doesn't matter what a new commissioner thinks and i doubt they're going to hire a traditionalist anyway if they're smart. The NHL has done fine without it.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1700058034275.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad