GDT: Quarterfinal: Germany vs. Switzerland

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Germany deserves this win much more. Congratulations. There needs to be a house cleaning now in the federation. Fischer, his Staff, Weibel and the other suits, they all have to go. Its extremely frustrating to lose again this way. But at least this could be the start of a healing process. The Media need to put up some pressure to make this happen now. If the wizards apprentice remains in office somehow, I am done with the national team for good. I always tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt once each tournament had started. Or rather, I just wanted to believe we could win gold despite having him in charge. Against my better knowledge most of the time. But in the end @Hinterland was right all along. What an "A-grade Moron".

Last edited:

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Congratulations, Germany! Either USA or Germany in the final on their side..pretty cool for this tournie!

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Germany deserves this win much more. Congratulations. There needs to be a house cleaning now in the federation. Fischer, his Staff, Weibel and the other suits, they all have to go. Its extremely frustrating to loose again this way. But at least this could be the start of a healing process. Media need to put up some pressure to make this happen now. If the wizards apprentice remains in office somehow I am done with the national team for good.

I have the very bad feeling that they will keep Fischer because he was here for our final in 2018 where we beat a loaded Finland and Canada roster.

But if they do, don't expect anything.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The problem with Switzerland is that they are soft and lacks grit. Its why they always fail. They are just like Sweden.

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Germany is going to be one tough out for the U.S,..........especially if they get Seider back.

That should be a great game to watch.
Germany arguably deserved to win when they played in the Group Stage.

Third team these teams will play if you count the Pre-Tournament Exhibition.

Reactions: jj cale

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Germany deserves this win much more. Congratulations. There needs to be a house cleaning now in the federation. Fischer, his Staff, Weibel and the other suits, they all have to go. Its extremely frustrating to loose again this way. But at least this could be the start of a healing process. Media need to put up some pressure to make this happen now. If the wizards apprentice remains in office somehow I am done with the national team for good.

I honestly did not see this coming and was ready to root for Switzerland the rest of the way.

Whatever it is your federation decides to do, I really hope it works out, because rivalry or not, I am (almost) always happy when Switzerland succeeds.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It's no disgrace Germany is a very good hockey team
This Swiss team had expectations of a medal at minimum. The betting markets had them as the favourite to win going into the QFs.

No matter how they slice it, a massive disappointment for the Swiss.

Credit to Germany though, they played an excellent game.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It would be funny if now that they are making the Semifinals and at least playing for a Medal if Draisaitl booked a flight and came over. He's played for Germany about 10 times between Junior and Senior and so far the only medal in his career came from 'Team Leftover-stan' in the 2016 Gary Bettman Cup of Hockey. Best finish (for a German team) was 6th at the 2019 Worlds.

Reactions: Speyer

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Did not watch, but result has me surprised. For my fellow Slovaks calling it karma, chill guys, don't be pathetic. :) If anything, this another Swiss loss is hinting at Slovakia having to play olympic qualification again, is that our karma? Anyway, congrats Germany, what turnaround from the slow start in the tournament.

Reactions: vlady

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
It would be funny if now that they are making the Semifinals and at least playing for a Medal if Draisaitl booked a flight and came over. He's played for Germany about 10 times between Junior and Senior and so far the only medal in his career came from 'Team Leftover-stan' in the 2016 Gary Bettman Cup of Hockey. Best finish (for a German team) was 6th at the 2019 Worlds.
Last we heard was "we will see", no news since then so there is hope.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I have the very bad feeling that they will keep Fischer because he was here for our final in 2018 where we beat a loaded Finland and Canada roster.

But if they do, don't expect anything.

If Swiss media and the fandom won't come to their senses now and develop enough pressure to get him and Weibel fired then we don't deserve a better coach or any type of success at the WC to be honest.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
If Swiss media and the fandom won't come to their senses now and develop enough pressure to get him and Weibel fired then we don't deserve a better coach or any type of success at the WC to be honest.

All the staff needs to go.

The roaster is loaded, time to ask the good questions.

Reactions: Speyer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad